• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

Don't de-flash stuff...

I can either deflash a disc and find out how it's actually going to fly now or I can wait two weeks once the flashing has worn off. I'd rather be disappointed now than be excited about the disc flight and then disappointed that it ages terribly.

Do you not notice a huge change in flight characteristics within the first few weeks or month of play with a non deflashed disc?

got OAT? seems like it

No, I am not the biggest arm, but I throw cleanly. I actually thought that maybe I was just throwing really poorly today and yesterday when I was testing this disc out so I broke out my comets as a tester. I was throwing my comets cleanly to 280-310 without an issue and the saint pro was turning big time. Threw my fuse and pures as well and they traveled straight as an arrow. No OATmeal today.

For reference, the two opto saint pros that I have not deflashed fly wonderfully! I absolutely love them. Dead straight with hard fade at the end out to about 320-350, and flexed out will go another 20-40 feet. They are great, but this gold line is just awful.

Last edited:
Mine is arriving today. These latest reports or them seasoning shortly into turning fairways do not have me as excited though. Time will tell though once I test them myself..

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this experience. I wish I could find a reliable fairway driver in the lat/westside/dd lineup. I have found some great drivers, mids and putters, but not a single one of their fairways has been able to hold a straight, high speed stable line, with decent fade at the end.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had this experience. I wish I could find a reliable fairway driver in the lat/westside/dd lineup. I have found some great drivers, mids and putters, but not a single one of their fairways has been able to hold a straight, high speed stable line, with decent fade at the end.

Try a XXX

Try a XXX

Or Trident

I mean something more along the lines of a pd, olf, teebird, that kind of thing. I understand the whole "if you like the way a _____ flies, just throw a _____." I'm relatively new to the game, and I really want (and like) to try out different discs that fit the same spot in my bag. The XXX and trident are both great discs that I am enjoying a lot, but don't fit the same spot as pd, olf, tb, etc. At least not for me.

Thanks for the recommendations though! If you guys have any suggestions for slightly more workable disc than a XXX or trident but more hss than a saint in the lat/ws/dd lineup I would love to hear it! Thanks, again.

I mean something more along the lines of a pd, olf, teebird, that kind of thing. I understand the whole "if you like the way a _____ flies, just throw a _____." I'm relatively new to the game, and I really want (and like) to try out different discs that fit the same spot in my bag. The XXX and trident are both great discs that I am enjoying a lot, but don't fit the same spot as pd, olf, tb, etc. At least not for me.

Thanks for the recommendations though! If you guys have any suggestions for slightly more workable disc than a XXX or trident but more hss than a saint in the lat/ws/dd lineup I would love to hear it! Thanks, again.

Somethings up with that disc or the throwing of it...I don't know if anybody else could call this disc "flippy" even after de-flashing. There's people throwing this thing over 400' that wouldn't call it flippy. If I were you I would try another one, get a moonshine or opto in max weight. I'm throwing my 174g opto out over 350' with the flashing worn down, and theres just a little turn to it, and thats if i rip it hard flat. idk

I've had the same issues as you. You're not alone on this one.

My experience with the Saint Pro is that a de-flashed 168 opto has too much turn. My 172 opto is more high speed stable and my 175 moonshine is the most stable with a hard fade at the end. I haven't thrown a gold line.

If you want something that will resist turning and go straight, go for a heavy opto or for the most beef, a moonshine.

Somethings up with that disc or the throwing of it...I don't know if anybody else could call this disc "flippy" even after de-flashing. There's people throwing this thing over 400' that wouldn't call it flippy. If I were you I would try another one, get a moonshine or opto in max weight. I'm throwing my 174g opto out over 350' with the flashing worn down, and theres just a little turn to it, and thats if i rip it hard flat. idk

i got a chance to get a number of throws on one of my pro saints today
after removing the flashing by rubbing it on a teepad
it was still way more stable than my saints
*325' - 350' noodle arm

Does the flashing tear up your fingers like the aggressive flashing of Prodigy and Innova?

The flashing on my Opto Sain Pro wasn't bad at all. I've seen a buddy's F2 that had crazy flashing on it....like rip your skin off crazy.

Help me understand...

If you want to measure a disc as being "reliable", then please let's define "reliable" so that we are all clear as to what reliable looks like. I've been fortunate to field test both a 169 & 172 opto saint pro in 15-20 mph wind three different occasions in a big open area in my neighborhood park. I released them with slight hyzer, on a hyzer line and follow through with a hyzer. Not once did i witness either of them turn. At best, they stood up and cruised with a nice dependable fade every time. Otherwise, they held a slight hyzer the entire flight.

Currently, I bagged both the moonshine (173.5) and gl (172.5). I only have performed a day of field work with them both. And played two rounds with both of them with an original zero line pure for putting. Surprisingly, the moonshine was the only one to show any hss turn when thrown into a 20 mph wind. I believe it happen twice, maybe three times, but it came back every time. And the turn was minimal, but enough to notice. I was more impressed with the gold line. Not once did it turn into the wind and I was amazed by how sneaky long it was. Once they break in a bit more, maybe they'll turn more than I like, but at least I'll have a reason to get new ones.

With the limited field work thus far, I definitely say my 172 opto is more stable than the 173.5 moonshine. And for me, I would define a reliable disc as one that would land on the left side of my target nine out to ten throws; be it in windy conditions or not. I consider them reliable and great compliments to my two saints.

Does the flashing tear up your fingers like the aggressive flashing of Prodigy and Innova?

I have 2 pink optos and 1 moonshine
Only 1 of the optos had enough flashing, that I felt like I needed to scuff some of it off.
But it was tall and kinda sharp.

i wont even throw a disc with flashing on it. i dont fully understand how its comfortable for someone without remove the flashing. the idea of not removing the flashing to try and increase stability seems like a fruitless effort that is only going to last so long, and that time frame is a fraction of the discs life. thats surely not the way i like to build my bag, especially if my emphasis is on reliability/predictability

i wont even throw a disc with flashing on it. i dont fully understand how its comfortable for someone without remove the flashing. the idea of not removing the flashing to try and increase stability seems like a fruitless effort that is only going to last so long, and that time frame is a fraction of the discs life. thats surely not the way i like to build my bag, especially if my emphasis is on reliability/predictability

Word. It makes no sense whatsoever not to deflash a disc.

I have some good news: deflashed my 173 pink opto and it is exactly the disc I was hoping for. When pulled hard it will flip up ever so slightly, but never past flat. It goes a surprising distance for being such a small rimmed disc, and has great glide. My flippy as hell 173 gl is a completely different disc.