• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint Pro

there is no comparison for wind fighting duties.
the saint pro will be much better

Indeed. The two discs pair well together. The Saint Pro is solidly more overstable.

Once I started pushing my fairways past 325' the Saint Pro became less than 100% reliable for me, in any weight and plastic, especially in the wind, which is always a factor here in New Orleans. Solid mold, but still not a true wind handler.

Had to dig this thread up so I could quote this great news from the Saint thread:
I absolutely love the disc and am happy for JohnE to get it as his signature disc. One of the good guys really. Hope this helps him with his touring.

Only downside is that I just stocked up my Saint Pros, but I think I have to get few JohnE ones as well. :\ :D

So of the 4 Saint Pro's I've owned. 2 Opto and 2 GL, three where understable out of the box, while one was straight to slightly stable. Since I've stopped throwing innova I've had a hard time finding fairway drivers to throw. I've mainly stuck with the felon in different stages of wear and thinking of adding the trident in for shorter shots. So is it pretty much confirmed that the decodye saint pro's are the most os? Because I'm very close to dropping the saint pro from bag unless its an understable shot. I guess I figured it was as described, an OS fairway, but if anything it flies more like a slighty more stable leopard.

Last edited:
So of the 4 Saint Pro's I've owned. 2 Opto and 2 GL, three where understable out of the box, while one was straight to slightly stable. Since I've stopped throwing innova I've had a hard time finding fairway drivers to throw...

I've had the same experience as you with the Saint Pro. Currently I throw Thunderbirds or PDs in that slot. With Trilogy only, your options are a bit more limited.

The Felon is great for headwinds, and is nice in a slightly lower weight. I haven't had my Felon long enough to really beat it in.

A Boatman might work, but it's a faster disc.

Threw the Saint Pro in 30 mph gusts today - wow, it had beef to spare.

Does flashing add extra stability?

Out of my 7 Saint Pros the ones that are most OS are domey, heavy, stiff and have some flashing. Conversly the ones that are US have been deflashed and are flatter.

I think the OS features I listed above are fairly common with the Decodye Saint Pros, but you can find them also in other plastics. I have a new GL that is more OS than my beat to death Felon.

Problem is that the flashing goes out fairly fast so keeping one fresh may turn out costly. You could wait for the new Convict coming from DD. Should fit right in there between Saint Pro and Felon.

@Monkeypaws - Yes, the flashing makes a HUGE difference. Once it's gone, so is the overstability. :D

So of the 4 Saint Pro's I've owned. 2 Opto and 2 GL, three where understable out of the box, while one was straight to slightly stable. Since I've stopped throwing innova I've had a hard time finding fairway drivers to throw. I've mainly stuck with the felon in different stages of wear and thinking of adding the trident in for shorter shots. So is it pretty much confirmed that the decodye saint pro's are the most os? Because I'm very close to dropping the saint pro from bag unless its an understable shot. I guess I figured it was as described, an OS fairway, but if anything it flies more like a slighty more stable leopard.

How far are you guys throwing these? I'll admit the Saint Pro is not as OS as described, and has issues with a stiff headwind...but leopard stability? I have 6 Saint Pros, 5 of which I have been lucky enough to hand pick, so I knew I was getting a more or less stable Saint Pro. I throw my Saint Pros on shots between 330-380, and have never had a problem throwing my more OS Saint Pros without having any problem with turn. My most US one is beat up 170g and flies like a GL Saint. From there, the stability of my Saint go up, to the most OS one that i would have no doubt throwing into a 15mph headwind on a frozen rope with a reliable fade at the end. Again, it may just be because i handpicked the stiffest, domeyest (great word) Saint Pro i could find. But, you guys must be throwing much much farther than i am, because i woyld never be able to cycle Felons...those things are only OS for me. I even have a beat one the still wants to hook up shortly after leaving my hand, that i can only get out to 350 on a good rip.

How far are you guys throwing these?

I was mostly agreeing with the sentiment that the Saint Pros aren't as OS as they are billed to be. It's more OS than my Escape, and definitely not Leopard stability. Still, I wouldn't trust it in a headwind and find the PD or Thunderbird to be more reliable. In a decent headwind I reach for the Felon, which is frozen rope straight for me until the fade kicks in at the very end.

I don't really expect my Felon to season, but hey, people season Firebirds so I guess it's possible.

How far are you guys throwing these? I'll admit the Saint Pro is not as OS as described, and has issues with a stiff headwind...but leopard stability? I have 6 Saint Pros, 5 of which I have been lucky enough to hand pick, so I knew I was getting a more or less stable Saint Pro. I throw my Saint Pros on shots between 330-380, and have never had a problem throwing my more OS Saint Pros without having any problem with turn. My most US one is beat up 170g and flies like a GL Saint. From there, the stability of my Saint go up, to the most OS one that i would have no doubt throwing into a 15mph headwind on a frozen rope with a reliable fade at the end. Again, it may just be because i handpicked the stiffest, domeyest (great word) Saint Pro i could find. But, you guys must be throwing much much farther than i am, because i woyld never be able to cycle Felons...those things are only OS for me. I even have a beat one the still wants to hook up shortly after leaving my hand, that i can only get out to 350 on a good rip.
I have a couple really old lavashift GL saint pros that are still reliably stable. Oh, and felons. I was using my fr felon for thumbers and flick shots and os mid shots and it has broken in where it has turn when thrown hard and backhand now... Anyway, I digress.

If you need a little more beef but not high-speed beef try a Boatman.

I can second the boatman. Feels like a faster Saint Pro to me.
Digging tha Saint Pro aswell, always have two in my bag. One Opto and one Moonshine, cover most of my slightly os fairway shots!

I've only thrown GL Saint Pros- can anyone rate the stability compared to other kinds of plastic? Havent seen it in Frost Line yet, but I'm curious about Opto and Moonshine.

Love the mold (I have 12), but like others I've found them to lose some stability and develop some turn rather quickly, regardless of plastic. I've added Villains to my bag but still keep two Saint Pros bagged as well. While a bit faster and longer, for me the Villains are more reliably stable and i trust them more if there is any wind at all.

Latest posts