• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Saint vs Flow as a distance driver????

reed2020

Par Member
I am curious if anyone can tell me how the Saint compares with the Flow as Distance Driver. What are the major differences, similarities, etc.... I have a Flow and I love it, but I have heard nothing but good things about the Saint.

I haven't thrown a Flow. I have 3 Saints and love them. Marshall Street's flight guide has the Saint at a 9 speed with the Flow at 11 both under the same stability rating. I would say you might have a bit more control with the Saint, but I'm not sure what you're doing with the Flow. I can tell you though, both the Saint and River are SNEAKY long.

Basically, give it a shot, you'll love it!

(And if you don't, put it in the MP and it'll be gone in less than a day.)

My Flow flies like my champy Beast altho I think my Flow fades a little harder than my Beast. I'd say:

Saint = Valkyrie
Flow = Beast

Last edited:
The three flows I've had all threw very similar to a champ beast or z surge ss. Not warp speed but a fast disc with about -1.5 or -2 high speed turn and a predictable fade at the end.

My saints fly like a slightly faster and more domey beat in 11x champ teebird with more glide but less resistance at high speed to turn. Both are great discs and if you already like the flow I can't imagine you won't like the saint. It's got almost the same distance potential but is way easier to control and work for most people.

That's honestly a tough question to answer. The Saint and the Flow, like many of Latitude's discs, are completely different discs between plastics and weights. A 166g flat GL versus a max weight domey Opto might as well have different names on them. Although, I think these differences become less pronounced as the disc speed goes down. Bolts and Havocs can see some pretty drastic ranges in stability.

The short answer is yes, the Saint can fly similar to a Flow. I actually stopped using my Flow for now because the Saint showed me I could get the same distance with less effort. But all the means is I don't throw far enough to maximize the Flow's potential. If you throw over 400', I don't think the Saint will offer you anything the Flow can't in terms of distance. If you're a 320' thrower like me, then it will be about telling us what kind of Flow you have so you can get some pointers on what types of Saint might work best for you.

Flow definately has more distance potential. I tried the Saint but there was just too much overlap between it and my Rivers. I seem to cover all the shots I need with the Flow/River combo, although a Flow/Saint combo would also work good together. For straight up distance the Flow will beat the Saint.

I agree the saint would often overlap with rivers, but I use light rivers, and a heavy opto saint to get some stability (nearly all my other discs are GL).
I also carry 2-3 flows as my primary discs drivers (350-375). They're one of my favorite discs, but they are far from consistent, mold wise. The differences in plh have the most effect IMO.