• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Sales Data: Zone / Harp / Envy / Pig

infinitedylan

Par Member
Here's a look at the sales data from Infinite Discs for the Zone, Harp, Envy, and Pig from September 2017 to August 2020.

https://infinitediscs.com/blog/disc-golf-sales-data-zone-harp-envy-pig/

Here's the graph:
cvJSWAS.png

Let me know what you think/spot/notice!

Interesting. The McBeth Effect is huge (no surprise). Ricky's impact on the Pig is also pretty noticeable, while the Harp appears to have weathered the temporary exodus of people leaving the bandwagon. I'm curious why the Envy was included in the comparison though. It's a much straighter flyer in my experience.

I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger uptick with the Pig, since I remember seeing everyone and their moms bagging Harps once Ricky started parking everything with them.

Interesting. The McBeth Effect is huge (no surprise). Ricky's impact on the Pig is also pretty noticeable, while the Harp appears to have weathered the temporary exodus of people leaving the bandwagon. I'm curious why the Envy was included in the comparison though. It's a much straighter flyer in my experience.

I think the thing that really moved the Zone was Brody.

It would be interesting to see the drop in Harp numbers when Ricky left Lat64.

I think the thing that really moved the Zone was Brody.

Good point. Having never been an ultimate player nor a big youtube content follower, Brody stays pretty much off my radar. But he may very well be the biggest boost for the Zone.

Good point. Having never been an ultimate player nor a big youtube content follower, Brody stays pretty much off my radar. But he may very well be the biggest boost for the Zone.

Just based on the timeline...

If you weren't following his Get Freaky sales, they were pretty nuts. Online re-sale immediately after they dropped, was at like 300% of retail, and they were being bought.

Just based on the timeline...

If you weren't following his Get Freaky sales, they were pretty nuts. Online re-sale immediately after they dropped, was at like 300% of retail, and they were being bought.

..actually more like 400%

I'm surprised there wasn't a bigger uptick with the Pig, since I remember seeing everyone and their moms bagging Harps once Ricky started parking everything with them.

I think the Pig is more of a niche disc that you either love or hate the feel of. Those that throw them are die hards, but you don't see them in the wild often.

I think the Pig is more of a niche disc that you either love or hate the feel of. Those that throw them are die hards, but you don't see them in the wild often.

I tried the pig, standard R pro, and didnt care for it so I wiped it off my radar. I recently tried someone else's Wysocki pig and liked it. May as well have been a different disc. Can't buy them though.
Honestly I've contributed to the sales number of all of those discs and ended up favoring the ryhno.

I love my soft Harps and tour series zone. Harps for less slide and windy putts, and zone for harder fade and some slide.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

^ This. Been trying to locate a pink Ricky TS Pig all season, but no luck. There would be higher sales if the discs were on the shelf. Pink Pigs should out number all other colors, cuz Pigs are pink :p

Most the pigs in Iowa tend to be a kind of dirt colored, unless they've recently been washed.

^ This. Been trying to locate a pink Ricky TS Pig all season, but no luck. There would be higher sales if the discs were on the shelf. Pink Pigs should out number all other colors, cuz Pigs are pink :p

The best testing pigs are mostly black: Berkshire, Jeju Blacks, Mangalitsas, etc...

I was inspired to put the pig back in my bag.

Played a pig only round on the front nine at my local pitch and putt course. Shot -7 and had several near throw ins.

Think the Zone might stay home for a while in favor of the pig.

Not surprised

Zone changed my game. But I only bought one Soft Zone and it has the perfect combination of over stability (even after a lot of use) and grip with sweaty hands. Nobody seems to have been selling them for a while.

I bought a Jawbreaker Zone and it is much more flippy from brand new. I know I could get a Z Zone but I found ESP almost impossible to grip here in South East Asia and I know Z plastic is just as slippery.