• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient and Yikun partnership

From the dirt we've all read about salient...I'm kinda bummed that they're paring with Yikun. I was a tester for them when they first kinda released discs in the US. They all seemed like great guys who really did want to grow the sport over in Asia. Their molds were also quite good.

I think it's a really smart move for Salient. Get your feet into a new market before anybody else really does....and before any quality, or other, issues are known. Imagine how cheap you can get discs made in China...

There are no courses in China so I doubt anything disc golf will sell very well over there. As for outsourcing the making of products in foreign countries by "American" companies... tisk, tisk.

Did you read the review for the Yao on that site?

"While the glide was less than we were expecting, the fade was slightly more than we were expecting."

And something about really "throwing the hell out of the disc and not expecting it to fly very far".

It doesn't seem that I would ever need that midrange in my bag.

Hi Everyone,
I would like to let everyone know a little bit about this partnership. All Salient discs purchased in the US are still made in the US and that will never change. We are NOT partnering with Yikun to produce discs in china. If the discs has a Salient stamp it is produced here in the US. The discs molded in Yikun plastic are still produced in China by Yikun. Discs molded in Salient plastic are still produced by Salient in the US. I just want to make sure it is understood.

To sum this up is Salient stamped discs are US made. Yikun stamped discs are still produced in China. We will be working together to come up with some new molds that will then be produced in the US also and have similar Co-Branding such as a Salient stamp and Yikun tooling on the bottom. Hopefully this helps everyone understand what is going on.

Maybe Salient is partnering with Yikun to use Yikun's customer service department?
Aren't about 90% of customer service calls answered by someone with an accent so bad you can't understand them?

Maybe Salient is partnering with Yikun to use Yikun's customer service department?
Aren't about 90% of customer service calls answered by someone with an accent so bad you can't understand them?

Not at all. It is strictly what I posted in my first post.

I knew this was going to be another "trash salient s#!+ storm"
Don't you guys ever move on?

im honestly let down by the **** storm.

then again everyone is probably still bawls deep in the TT thread

Latest posts