• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Discs Catalyst, Medium Backpack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't have any love lost for Salient- I know the bag is going to be everything I have hoped for it to be. I just am frustrated by my own personal treatment by the company. I have received a nice apology by a friendly spokesperson for the company- dgfanatic7 has really done a really good job passing on information (and I really appreciate the efforts he has made). I just can't, for the life of me, understand certain decisions.

I had a friend log on to Salient's FB site so I could read what kind of posts are up, and what I wrote was much more tame than even the posts that are up on their page right now. And I was censored from the site. Blah- my money, although spent by my wife, is in your hands (has been since August)- and the treatment I got for expressing excitement on the page the day I liked it was censorship from access to read information that you aren't posting on your own website, get second hand on DGCR, and are only posting on your facebook site. Pretty bad form.

SURE- I AM REPEATING THIS OVER AND OVER AND OVER, AD NAUSEAM. I am sick of posting my issues as everyone here is of reading it, but I will continue to report my frustration until some sort of action is taken to fix this matter. I shouldn't be having to hunt them down to make myself, the customer, satisfied. I post because it's troubling that a company would treat ANY customer, especially a pre-order investor, in such a manner. Ridiculousness.

Just a suggestion, but why don't you pop over to their website and drop them a note (click on Contact Us). That shouldn't be any more work than posting on here.

Sooo... Salient announces they will be making an announcement on shipping and people lose their ****? These guys just can't win lol!

A bunch of whiners on here...this was a kickstarter. Dates aren't set in stone until the boats come in and customs inspects everything.

Now if this hadn't been a preorder/kickstarter...go ahead and grab your pitchforks!

Glad I'll never start a disc golf company! I'd be telling people to cry me a river.

Just a suggestion, but why don't you pop over to their website and drop them a note (click on Contact Us). That shouldn't be any more work than posting on here.

It's a thought, but I'm not looking forward to getting my bag urinated on- or getting the runt of the litter. I still can't quite get a feel on what sort of reaction I am going to get from these guys... they have a good friend apparently, but I don't think he's going to be shipping off my bag.

The other factor is, I am rather sick of having to chase them down to get this solved... instead, I am hoping that I will open up DGCR and see that I have a PM saying, "Hey EJ, let see what we can do to make this up to you, or at least fix this problem."

But you're probably right, I should just keep hunting them down to ask them to make things right. I've only been more frustrated with AT&T when it comes to dealing with customer care..

I was really lookin into buying one of these bags. But when i finally sold off some items the presale period had ended and the shipping fiasco had begun on here and really gave me pause. I was going to have to spend $155 and could'nt be sure when I'd actually get a bag. So I decided to wait (missed the presale so there was no reason to rush in) and found a gently used Grip L for $150 shipped.

I've had my bag for about 2 weeks and couldn't be happier with my decision.

I wish nothing but success to Salient but they missed my money on this deal. This thread was really good for them to pre-sell their product since it was onwe of the few places to get solid info about the bag. But this thread is losing them money at this point.

It's a thought, but I'm not looking forward to getting my bag urinated on- or getting the runt of the litter. I still can't quite get a feel on what sort of reaction I am going to get from these guys... they have a good friend apparently, but I don't think he's going to be shipping off my bag.

The other factor is, I am rather sick of having to chase them down to get this solved... instead, I am hoping that I will open up DGCR and see that I have a PM saying, "Hey EJ, let see what we can do to make this up to you, or at least fix this problem."

But you're probably right, I should just keep hunting them down to ask them to make things right. I've only been more frustrated with AT&T when it comes to dealing with customer care..

If you get your bag and there is a problem and they don't fix it contact the BBC I think they suck at this start up but I don't think they looking to make themselves look even worse. The bags will make or break them, if these bags turn out bad and don't hold up or have lots of issues then that's curtains. Personally I hope the bags are nice and hold up well I kinda have my doubts for $119 I guess you get what you pay for.

If you get your bag and there is a problem and they don't fix it contact the BBC I think they suck at this start up but I don't think they looking to make themselves look even worse. The bags will make or break them, if these bags turn out bad and don't hold up or have lots of issues then that's curtains. Personally I hope the bags are nice and hold up well I kinda have my doubts for $119 I guess you get what you pay for.

Honestly, I'd just rather get the bag, have these problems made right by them to me, become friendly with them, I will probably make them a top-notch professional video review if I like the bag since I own a multi-media studio where I focus on commercial audio and design. I'd really like to just have a nice bag, make nice with Salient, and not feel like I did something wrong by posting how much I looked forward to showing off their gear- before I knew it wasn't going to be arriving (at that time, they said October).

I've not been mad about the time-line even, I've just been really mad about how I have personally been treated.

And, once again, those that pre-ordered on e-bay did not get free shipping... $130+ was the cost that I have read on my bank account statement (2 months ago).

I'd just prefer be friends with these guys, with all of our new nice gear and play some rounds, laugh this whole thing off as garbage that happened when they were starting up. It's my ideal situation. Until then, I am going to explain business ethics in regards to customer satisfaction/customer care regularly. Because... I AM NOT THE ONE WHO IS IN THE WRONG, AND I'M PAYING FOR IT. Ethically, that's complete garbage.

And you too Cam- if you are ever in the KC area looking for a round, my group are all pretty much artists and musicians, we're a fun group to go play with. Hit me up if you're ever looking for a city with a ton of amazing courses- or if you want to come out and play a Glass Blown Open. My wife and I'd put you up, it's about an hour and a half south of KC to Emporia, KS. The entire city really caters to the disc golf community for big events- it's amazing.... signs all over town welcoming disc golfers. This years World Am Champs event was unreal how well the city did hosting and making it a focus of the whole community. Dynamic Discs is headquartered there, and there is a nice sized state college... it's just a nice place to play.

If you get your bag and there is a problem and they don't fix it contact the BBC I think they suck at this start up but I don't think they looking to make themselves look even worse.

What is the BBC? Did you mean Better Bussiness Bureau? Your telling him to contact the BBB because his bag is not here yet? Seriously???

Glad I'll never start a disc golf company! I'd be telling people to cry me a river.

^THIS x 1000

Mr. Liver.... owning a business isn't really all that difficult of a venture. It just takes communication with your clients/potential clients. I have found, owning my own business, that if you actually show concern for your customer base and treat them like you care about them as consumers of your product, that you have a very good relationship with your clients and gain a very solid word-of-mouth reputation.

It's really not a difficult thing to do- just meet the needs of your customers, and if there are anticipated problems, meet them head on with solutions. The more you allow the potential problem continue to grow, the more your businesses name becomes soiled with the spread of negative comments and dialogue.

The easiest thing to do, is just do the right thing the first time around. And if you make a mistake, FIX IT. First by communicating and apologizing, and then by issuing a credit or act of good faith to restore the trust of the consumer.

No, I would never go to the BBB- not unless there is feces in my bag when it arrives.

:doh: You haven't done anything. The facebook page admin does not go on this site. Contact them like a normal person through email instead of bitching on a completely unrelated forum. Every email I have sent to salient has been handled kindly. I dont think you should be compensated because you were accidentally banned and then it was prolonged through your own misuse of correct communication channels. :wall: Arnt you the guy who claimed to work as an radio advertiser in the COMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY? How do you deal with your clients do you just sit around on go oh geeeze i hope so and so mails the check or wants a new add?

What is the BBC? Did you mean Better Bussiness Bureau? Your telling him to contact the BBB because his bag is not here yet? Seriously???

^THIS x 1000

Where in my post does it say contact the BBB because its not here yet? You trolls for Salient are just as annoying as everyone against them!! I mean come on everything anyone says you guys complain just as much!! All I wanted on my bag was a freaking refund so I could move on from this deal and I would have been happy. I have asked them 3 times, and each time i have been told no. I understand they don't refund pre-orders but I also understand they are not delivering in the said time frame. So tell me Salient Lovers because I know you will defend that , oh its a new run, or oh sea freight takes a long time, why do I have to honor my end of the agreement but they don't?

ok guys this is getting a little ridiculous. I'm talking with Chris about closing this thread and heading the mass email department of customer service myself so I can personally still be the one to update y'all on this project and salient's other endeavors

ok guys this is getting a little ridiculous. I'm talking with Chris about closing this thread and heading the mass email department of customer service myself so I can personally still be the one to update y'all on this project and salient's other endeavors

100% agree with this^^^^^^^

All I wanted on my bag was a freaking refund so I could move on from this deal and I would have been happy. I have asked them 3 times, and each time i have been told no. I understand they don't refund pre-orders but I also understand they are not delivering in the said time frame. So tell me Salient Lovers because I know you will defend that , oh its a new run, or oh sea freight takes a long time, why do I have to honor my end of the agreement but they don't?

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Where in my post does it say contact the BBB because its not here yet? You trolls for Salient are just as annoying as everyone against them!! I mean come on everything anyone says you guys complain just as much!! All I wanted on my bag was a freaking refund so I could move on from this deal and I would have been happy. I have asked them 3 times, and each time i have been told no. I understand they don't refund pre-orders but I also understand they are not delivering in the said time frame. So tell me Salient Lovers because I know you will defend that , oh its a new run, or oh sea freight takes a long time, why do I have to honor my end of the agreement but they don't?

That's kind of a bummer. I know when Big Hyzer had delays on their bags, they were more than willing to offer a refund to anyone who wanted to wait. Hopefully you can get your bag and move it to someone else who still wants one.

I would also argue that it is important to keep this thread active, warts and all, so people can look on here and make their own conclusions about if they want to order the bag. Just look back at the original Grip thread, or the Voodoo Spinal Tap thread. Consumers have been providing valuable information to other consumers, and I think that is important. If Salient can weather this, then they'll be fine. But for the sake of transparency and future customers, this thread should stay.

Remember, this is an open forum, not a Salient forum. People should be able to post and learn one way or another.

Last edited:

Just the same old trolls, no big deal.
And for the guys still screaming its late, I don't believe there was ever a concrete date set.

Just the same old trolls, no big deal.
And for the guys still screaming its late, I don't believe there was ever a concrete date set.

Well mid-late October isn't concrete but its still a date in way and being Nov 8th well did you order a bag Matt? Couldn't remember through it all.

Last edited:
On a side note dgfanatic is an extremely nice person and speaking with him through PM's I think Sailent is lucky to have him!

If you close the thread you do realize people can just make a new thread right? I'm not saying all of this bs shouldn't be washed off the site I'm just saying another thread will pop up.

That's kind of a bummer. I know when Big Hyzer had delays on their bags, they were more than willing to offer a refund to anyone who wanted to wait. Hopefully you can get your bag and move it to someone else who still wants one.

I would also argue that it is important to keep this thread active, warts and all, so people can look on here and make their own conclusions about if they want to order the bag. Just look back at the original Grip thread, or the Voodoo Spinal Tap thread. Consumers have been providing valuable information to other consumers, and I think that is important. If Salient can weather this, then they'll be fine. But for the sake of transparency and future customers, this thread should stay.

Remember, this is an open forum, not a Salient forum. People should be able to post and learn one way or another.

yeah there is a lot if truth in this. from now on I wont be starting anymore salient threads. if y'all want to start one for the antidote or the other salient products go for it. I will only be here to answer questions through pm if anyone needs it. Chris is offering me a position in direct sales and customer service so maybe I will get to speak with y'all directly through that system as well. but I'm done with Salient official threads. see ya guys. oh and the thread can't be closed anyway cause no rules have been broken lol

yeah there is a lot if truth in this. from now on I wont be starting anymore salient threads. if y'all want to start one for the antidote or the other salient products go for it. I will only be here to answer questions through pm if anyone needs it. Chris is offering me a position in direct sales and customer service so maybe I will get to speak with y'all directly through that system as well. but I'm done with Salient official threads. see ya guys. oh and the thread can't be closed anyway cause no rules have been broken lol

That's Awesome!! Tell them to move Hillary to the packing line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts