• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] SALIENT Discs -Flatline (6|5|-.5|1)

My Flatline in Cryo has become one of my go-to discs for long mid-range to short fairway shots. I have been using my Cryo Antidote for nearly 9 months and have gotten used to it's line so was extremely impressed with the Flatlines ability to hold the same lines as the Antidote, but to be able to do it from a greater distance. I don't have to change the arm speed at all to get the Flatline to do the same things as my Antidote, but I can count on it going an extra 40-60 feet depending on wind. It is straight, it is a bit flippy if you overthrow it, but with a nice easy normal throwing motion, this disc is everything I love about my straightest mids- with more distance.

I do not use this disc as a hyzer/anhyzer- this thing is used for going straight at the pin.

My final thoughts on testing the Flatline

Feel: BEAUTIFUL Cryo plastic! disc feels amazing, I'm in love with the look and feel!
Flight: This was the biggest shock out of the lot of 6 molds I got from Salient. I went in with no prejudice, and was blown away! I had disc goflers, rated as high as 980ish say the exact same thing. Everyone who tested this disc loved it. It flies straight, it turns when predicted, it fades when predicts, and it goes far....MUCH farther than you'd expect from a speed 6 disc.
FH Potential: About as perfect of a FH fairway driver as you can get. Enough said.
BH Potential: I still prefer my Proline Leopard over this disc, very much like a slower Rival. Might sound contradictory, but not for my skill level.
Expectations: I had none coming in, except it may act like a sidewinder
Results: I can now put away my sidewinder for every shot I used it for (except cut rollers).
Final Grade: A++

Reasoning: Darn good disc, def going in the bag. Easily workable for all skill levels, flies like you throw it, and forgives you more than you'd expect. Plus, it's a pretty disc :)

I am really trying to not buy anymore discs for awhile, but this disc (along with the Lockjaw) are really testing my self control... And reviews like WhiteyBear's certainly aren't helping.

I am really trying to not buy anymore discs for awhile, but this disc (along with the Lockjaw) are really testing my self control... And reviews like WhiteyBear's certainly aren't helping.

They're two outstanding molds for sure. Those two and the Touch found their way into my bag way too easily.

My final thoughts on testing the Flatline

Feel: BEAUTIFUL Cryo plastic! disc feels amazing, I'm in love with the look and feel!
Flight: This was the biggest shock out of the lot of 6 molds I got from Salient. I went in with no prejudice, and was blown away! I had disc goflers, rated as high as 980ish say the exact same thing. Everyone who tested this disc loved it. It flies straight, it turns when predicted, it fades when predicts, and it goes far....MUCH farther than you'd expect from a speed 6 disc.
FH Potential: About as perfect of a FH fairway driver as you can get. Enough said.
BH Potential: I still prefer my Proline Leopard over this disc, very much like a slower Rival. Might sound contradictory, but not for my skill level.
Expectations: I had none coming in, except it may act like a sidewinder
Results: I can now put away my sidewinder for every shot I used it for (except cut rollers).
Final Grade: A++

Reasoning: Darn good disc, def going in the bag. Easily workable for all skill levels, flies like you throw it, and forgives you more than you'd expect. Plus, it's a pretty disc :)

I like the part about the disc being deceptively long. I was getting similar distance to speed 8/9 discs on slow hyzer flips with a fade left at the end. Out of all the discs this one and Napalm have to be my favorite.

Seriously, you guys either need to stop talking up this disc or buy one for me!
;)

I have a crazy beat up one you could have... lol its a great disc for sure but doesn't last long to on many wooded courses in the current plastic blend. I actually hit a basket from 375' out and put a huge ding in the rim but it flies ok still! Would have been my longest ace ever tonight. Maybeeeee next time.