• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Ember 8 month review

what's an acceptable lifespan for a decent bag?

In my experience, a ~$100 bag should withstand 3-5+ years of heavy use and abuse without falling completely apart. A little wear and tear is reasonable, for sure.

I'm going on 5 years, give or take, with a GB Silverback. I've beat the holy living bejesusses outta that bag since I got it, in all conditions, and it's *just now* starting to get the smallest amount of fabric wear on the bottom, and a bit on the side mesh pocket.

what's an acceptable lifespan for a decent bag?

My phenix quads have lasted a decade. My innova big bag (I don't event remember what they used to call it it's been OOP so long) lasted 7 years. I still see the original grip bags out and about.

So I'd say at least 3 years bare minimum heavy use, unless I'm going with a "budget friendly" option

Hrm. Looked at the gorilla boy silver back. Doesn't do any of what I'm looking at the rebel for.

I try to tell it pretty honestly, they have had some epic fails (catalyst, antidote) but my Ember is in good shape. Can get Pics if anyone wants.

pics would be awesome. im stuck picking a bag for my xmas gift.
im looking at ergo 2, tana pro, ranger, rebel, and ember. i dont want to spend over 200 so i think these are the only ones in my budget.

Golf Mahal is on sale for 205.00.

check them out before they're gone forever.

pics would be awesome. im stuck picking a bag for my xmas gift.
im looking at ergo 2, tana pro, ranger, rebel, and ember. i dont want to spend over 200 so i think these are the only ones in my budget.

The new Prodigy bag for $175 blows them all away.

New Ember 2.0 being released. They claim some nice improvements.

Anyone out there going to give them a shot this go round?

(I know this will likely be a resounding no...but I like to stir the pot) My Ember was actually a pretty nice set up when I had one.

Attachments

• Salient.jpg
    Salient.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 64
New Ember 2.0 being released. They claim some nice improvements.

Anyone out there going to give them a shot this go round?

(I know this will likely be a resounding no...but I like to stir the pot) My Ember was actually a pretty nice set up when I had one.

ZOMG BURN IT WITH FIRE !!!!1!!!!!1!!!!11!!!!

the ember 2.0 couldn't possibly be anymore of a blatant grip bag copy. Almost as bad as that HuJu catastrophe.

Salient dkscs, why do you refuse to go away?

How many runs of bags does it take to get it right..? you guys are beyond past the point where your bags should still be failing apart.

this sums up most of my thoughts perfectly.

Last edited:
My OG Ember is still in good shape, after much abuse it looks good and the only issue is the slight back slouch that makes it harder to stand up now.

I like the bag a lot but am also thinking about a 15 disc option like the Spark or Slight Shift might be nice since I don't go full tournament discs out 100% of the time.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 34
And JC that black one is a first run Tar Pit Scale just to make all you dudes jealous.