• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Sampo, a magical artifact

Sagecoast

Par Member
from Wikipedia
In Finnish mythology, the Sampo or Sammas was a magical artifact of indeterminate type constructed by Ilmarinen that brought good fortune to its holder.

Can't wait to fly this disc. Who couldn't use a magical artifact in their bag?

Kinda looks like another Saint or Saint Pro.

Got PDGA approval. Looks to be faster then I expected. 2.1 rim with 34.75 rim con. Looks to be around speed 10.

Yeah got PDGA approval as a Lat64 mold. They really need some fact checkers at the PDGA. I too was surprised to see it such a wide rim, considering it is for the trilogy challenge.

Looking forward to throwing one of these next week. Hope they start pushing out more molds in elasto too. I would love an elasto sword.

This disc is what I wanted the Spark to be. A beat in Felon. At the Trilogy Challenge today, most people said it just went left for them, but for me, it flipped to flat, maybe a little turn, but always faded at the end. It is the reason I was one stroke off first place. I ended up getting 3 more because I know its going in the bag to replace my seasoned Felons. This fills the "teebird" gap that was missing in my Trilogy only bag. Its more stable than a Saint Pro, but not as OS as the Felon. Amazing disc!

This disc is what I wanted the Spark to be. A beat in Felon. At the Trilogy Challenge today, most people said it just went left for them, but for me, it flipped to flat, maybe a little turn, but always faded at the end. It is the reason I was one stroke off first place. I ended up getting 3 more because I know its going in the bag to replace my seasoned Felons. This fills the "teebird" gap that was missing in my Trilogy only bag. Its more stable than a Saint Pro, but not as OS as the Felon. Amazing disc!

Then what is the Spark?

I got two Sparks, but only have been throwing one. It is VERY overstable. I really reminds me of a firebird to be honest. The profile is pretty much identical to the flat firm champ firebirds. It doesn't flip up to flat for me, its pretty much immediately starts fading. The one I'm throwing might just have a higher parting line though.

This fills the "teebird" gap that was missing in my Trilogy only bag. Its more stable than a Saint Pro, but not as OS as the Felon. Amazing disc!

I found the Sampo to be much faster than a Teebird. Maybe like a speed 10. Seemed to fly very similar to the Thunderbird but a tad faster. Good disc but not really a fairway in my opinion. But if it fills a spot for you then that is great. It is so much fun trying new discs, but is just awesome when you find something you know is going to stay in your bag.

I found the Sampo to be much faster than a Teebird. Maybe like a speed 10. Seemed to fly very similar to the Thunderbird but a tad faster. Good disc but not really a fairway in my opinion. But if it fills a spot for you then that is great. It is so much fun trying new discs, but is just awesome when you find something you know is going to stay in your bag.

Your probably right. It is faster than a teebird and a thunderbird may be a more accurate description. I was throwing thunderbirds for awhile to until I switched to trilogy. What makes it better than the thunderbird is the amount of glide it gets!

I have a hard time comparing it to the Saint Pro, only because for me, Saint Pros can be touchy. This is why I gravitated more toward Felons for my control shots of all types. I've since taken out my moonshine saint pros, but still do keep a GL Saint because the one I have is a lot more controllable. IMO, the Sampo has more high speed stability than the Saint Pro and maybe a little less fade.

Not a fan of the Sampo. Maybe it's the fluid plastic I don't care for, not really sure. Pink Sampos seem to just go straight with little or no fade. Blue metal flake Sampos have a decent amount of fade. Didn't make my bag, though.