• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

San Diego shops of note?

TorreyLaffoon

Birdie Member
So in preparation for my pilgrimage to Morely Field and surrounding courses in a month, I want to know if there are any shops in the SD/Oceanside area that are places to be sure to visit. Any DG related suggestions are greatly appreciated! TIA

Morley shop doesn't have much outside of DC and Innova. The shop on the Kit Carson Park course in Escondido has much better selections. Don't miss Kit Carson and if you have time, do Goat Hill as well.

Goat hill and Kit Carson were already on the day 2 itinerary! Glad to hear they have good things to offer.

The kit Carson shop is named SDSF and its located in the skate park to the right of the practice baskets.

That's my home course if you want some company, let me know. Make sure you have enough time for all the courses in north county SD!

/\ /\ sounds good, thanks for the info! What other courses besides the three mentioned would you recommend?

Montiel park is a tough-ish little 9 hole. The course is wide open but has elevation changes. The course on campus at cal state san marcos is fun as well. The front nine are fairly long and the back nine are shorter which play through the campus. If you do plan on playing cal state san Marcos during the week, you should try to play it later in the day (less students) or on a weekend. Also, about 9 holes at CSUSM are lighted for some night golf. These two courses are about 6 minutes from each other and about 15 minutes from kit carson. Both are free as well (as long as you park on the street and not on the cal state campus).

IMO, morley is probably the most fun course in san Diego and kit carson is the most challenging.

Shoot me a pm and hopefully we can set something up.

Last edited:

Latest posts