• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Sanny q-sentinels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKbiz

I've been throwing roc's for years and never realized sentinels are basically the sister of the roc. Now I guess the san marino ones are more stable than others, anyone know where I could get my hands on one?

They are more like the cobra's younger brother that is always in jail. But that is subjective.

Great overstable mids.

I've been throwing roc's for years and never realized sentinels are basically the sister of the roc. Now I guess the san marino ones are more stable than others, anyone know where I could get my hands on one?

Forget about the sannies. Grab some new run Quantum or Sirius, they are overstable and not hard to find.

I don't know about them being a sister disc to the Roc. Maybe the red headed step child or even the milk mans kid, but that's for a Maury Povich show........"You are NOT the Father!"

So, joking aside. The two I have are pretty overstable. I'm talking Drone or Hornet overstable. It's a great disc, but I started to get so paranoid about throwing it and then losing it. Well, that and the Drone had more glide. I just ended up retiring it for now.

Well, from the impression I've gotten the sentinel feels like a roc in the hand; similar mold. A dirty, disgustingly over-stable disc that feels like a roc sounds right up my alley. I guess that's what I meant by "sister". Am I wrong about this?

They don't feel like a Roc to me, but they are interesting mids. Fast and overstable with more glide and forward penetration during the fade than something like a Drone or Gator. I couldn't get used to the small Cobra rim on the disc, but they do fly really nice. If the rim were a little deeper it would feel more like a Roc.

They feel exactly like a cobra to me, and I can cover so many shots with those 2 discs, love the cobra- sentinel combo.

They feel exactly like a cobra to me, and I can cover so many shots with those 2 discs, love the cobra- sentinel combo.

As they should, Sentinels are just modified Cobras with a bigger bead I believe.

Old school Champ Cobra/Roc/Q-Sentinel are all large diameter mids with extremely similar profiles and wings. If you don't think so then you are, well, wrong.

Cobra for understable
Roc for straight
Sentinel for fade

They are definitely brothers from another mother

Old school Champ Cobra/Roc/Q-Sentinel are all large diameter mids with extremely similar profiles and wings. If you don't think so then you are, well, wrong.

Cobra for understable
Roc for straight
Sentinel for fade

They are definitely brothers from another mother

The Roc is taller though, and that changes the feel in the hand considerably. Cobra/Sentinel are very shallow for mids.

Hmm, well thanks for all the input. I guess I'll just have to try one out and see what I think.

The Roc is taller though, and that changes the feel in the hand considerably. Cobra/Sentinel are very shallow for mids.
Yep, the Sentinel is shallow and I love that about it while bigger-pawed friends don't like it. The GM over me at Millennium threw Rocs and QMS but not the Sentinel, because it was too shallow for his grip.

They'll never match Sannies... they might get an overstable flight, but those old-mold yellows cannot be touched IMO.

What I like about the sanny over the newer runs is that it is actually very straight until the end of it's flight. The newer sentinels are overstable right out of the hand.

The other benefit of the Q Sentinel is that it keeps it's flight characteristics probably longer than any other disc on the market, probably because it has such a beefy bead. I have a seriosly beat to crap one with the stamp worn off and huge chunks missing and it flies exactly like the brand new one I have from the same run.

What I like about the sanny over the newer runs is that it is actually very straight until the end of it's flight.
BOOM. this point. with anny it can be used as more of a landing-shaper than a line-shaper.

The other benefit of the Q Sentinel is that it keeps it's flight characteristics probably longer than any other disc on the market, probably because it has such a beefy bead.
For seriously. I'm only on my 2nd bagged Q-Sent, first one was headwind-resistant for 5 years... hundreds of rounds on medium-rocky courses. I don't know how newer ones hold up but the Sanny's yellow CE blend is nuts.

Well, I'm still looking for one if someone has one they'd like to sell. Preferably as close to max weight as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.