• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sarah Hokum in a car accident...

I wonder what else she does besides disc golf. Those thighs look pretty damn powerful. I doubt that's from hurling discs.. Bicycling perhaps?

She went to college on a full ride volleyball scholarship, so I'm going to guess that was her sport of choice prior to disc golf.

She went to college on a full ride volleyball scholarship, so I'm going to guess that was her sport of choice prior to disc golf.

Makes sense. Baseball and Volleyball tend to do a good job developing muscles that you use in disc golf. We really shouldn't be surprised that our top athletes have also played these other sports.

a-Hokomhitjpg.jpg

Pretty sure it's just a nice gesture. As we know pro disc golfing isn't exactly making these players rich.

well, they do make the choice to pursue a career out of a game that doesn't compensate much at all if you're not out right winning.

It is a nice gesture, even if a bit misplaced. Sure it really sucks that she got in a car wreck, but where's the gofundme when I get in a car wreck? Or do I just not get one because I have a normal job and car/health insurance?

If any of you guys are ever in a car wreck and have no qualms about begging people for money on gofundme or some other similar service, well, there's no legal means to stop you. Go for it. I won't hold it against you.

Now, if random strangers will contribute to you, well, that's another matter. I'd suspect that most of the people who contributed to SH's stash know her in some respect.

It also bears mentioning, having a normal job and supposedly good insurance isn't always a fail-safe in situations like these.