• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Saturday near Jerry World.

bayouace

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Headed to LSU-TCU game and staying in Mansfield. Wife and I love to play, but she is not long off the tee. Any suggestions for a fun, but not too difficult course to play that she would enjoy? I know I can look up courses and read, but local recommendations are a better gauge. Thanks!

Sonora Park

In Kennedale maybe 10 mins from Mansfield. Great 9 hole course.

Also if you're looking for an 18 hole course... Bear Creek in grapevine. not long, but a good amount of trees about half to 3/4 of the holes.

Last edited:
Lester Lorch Beaver, Lester Lorch Coyote, Crossroads of Life, Bicentennial Park, Veteran's Park and Turner are all courses within 15 miles of Mansfield that I like to play. If you're willing to go 20, you could go play Z Boaz. I think all of those courses have DGCR scores of 4 or higher.

Any suggestions for a fun, but not too difficult course to play that she would enjoy?

Lester Lorch Beaver, Lester Lorch Coyote, Crossroads of Life, Bicentennial Park, Veteran's Park and Turner are all courses within 15 miles of Mansfield that I like to play. If you're willing to go 20, you could go play Z Boaz. I think all of those courses have DGCR scores of 4 or higher.

I'm not sure the majority of those suggestions qualify for his wife.

I'm not sure the majority of those suggestions qualify for his wife.

None of them are incredibly hard, but yeah there are probably better, easier options. Bicentennial, Beaver and Turner too tough. Not EASY by any means, but still fun.

vet is long, and the time spent in the sun and the typical wind in the park will makes it play longer some times. its still my favorite course ever. i think coyote at lorch, crossroads, or turner are best bets. lorch will be a bit of a hike but i think the whole park is always gorgeous and its generally less crowded. crossroads was some what of a monster hard course for me to play last time i played it, but allot of the holes were shorter (fairly technical if i remember correctly) i just thought it played through the roof.