• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Save Järva Disc Golf Park, Sweden

Peder

Please help to save famous Järva Disc Golf Park in Sweden, by signing here. Spread the link many places.

Last edited:
This one and another that used to be wooden dowels with the smaller laundry baskets in Sweden in 1980 I have seen Photos of that Mountain course are the two under threat. The Second one should not be under threat anymore and is near where I have relatives living but sad that Jarva still is considering there are obvious other spots for a Cemetery. I know the threat of a disc golf course as in my town Pierre South (pronounced Pier) Dakota USA has a course Steamboat that will loose holes 6-9 of 18 and those holes are great, the number 6 Ace run hole that is 200 feet or 61 meters roughly, the two true woods holes and the one that can end with a downhill put if you run it too hard on the approach shot. This will happen to loose holes due to the City needing a new water treatment plant and the city/State of South Dakota USA needing a New bridge. You are lucky, they have other spots for the Cemetary, they do not for the changes on my course that will also affect hole 5 being shorter and hole 10 the elevated tee pad being more nearer to flat on the hole and change how difficult the hole is due to the tee pad, but we could use trees to make that hole more difficult, it has them. You have my signature good people, I mean your course has a true club house, mine does not.

Last edited:
I like how the manager said something about getting past the rumors that Järva is dead...maybe when somebody from a disc golf course review site asks you specifically what is happening, maybe respond and don't ghost them and people won't assume the course is gone lol.

Funny how disc golfers fight when a course is being shut down by outside forces.. but if the issue is zero or low attendence, crickets!

Funny how disc golfers fight when a course is being shut down by outside forces.. but if the issue is zero or low attendence, crickets!

You may already know this, but others may not: Low attendance is not the issue at Järva. Reportedly 20,000 paid rounds were played in 2019.

The issue is that some of the land is being taken for a cemetery.

UDisc: Järva DiscGolfPark (clicky)

Ye its not gone, was there a week ago. Its about that cementary they build next to it.
Its really silly since its right next to one of the bigger roads leading in and out to Stockholm. I wouldnt wanna be buried there :p Maybe they had to build it cus of all the gang shootings thats been going on last year lol, on the other side of the rood is a bit of the suburbs Rinkeby/Tensta which is probably the most dangerous place to visit in Sweden where the majority of the people like 95% is immigrants. Just some travel info for you who plans to visit the course/area :) So by train go to the next staion which is Barkarby instead of Tensta and walk from there..

Last edited:

I realize this may be a personal issue for you.
Maybe one has to consider why a course gets low attendance:
Proximity to population?
Accessibility, easy to play when people want to play?
Quality of the course? Are there better options that are easier for most people to get to?
Course maintenance?

There may be other factors that keep people away from certain courses.

I can't say if any of those were applicable to Granite Mountain. Just trying to be objective.

Latest posts