• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Say goodbye to 2009...Favorite Memories

1 beginning to take this game more seriously
2 discovering DGCR
3 playing 26 new courses so far this year (20 in the last 4 months!! moving helps :D)
4 playing idlewild
5 the sean dacosta incident
6 discovering discraft
7 hopefully becoming a TR (5 more votes!) what am i doing? i should be writing reviews right now

My 2009 highlights - being introduced to DG, seeing a huge moose while playing in Alaska (hole #6 - Kenai Eagle DGC), my first ace and discovering the awesomeness of ESP FLX plastic. I'm looking forward to 2010!!!

My personal highlights of 2009:
Getting an ace after the ace pool built up over several months in my Saturday disc golf league <$320>, then winning random doubles right after that...with no partner another $30!
Winning a tournament that I usually struggle at..Seneca SC. They give away "dog tags" to each division champion, which I thought was unique!
Shooting a 49 at my home course, in a tournament...for a 980 rated round
Staying in the top 5, and even staying in #1 for 3 months in the Saturday disc golf league.
And.....bitter-sweet.......taking 2nd place in the SCDGO championship Adv. Master division......again.

So, prerube im a little disappointed in you that you didn't put prerube/mmyersdisc vs katana.....ive had some heated arguements with that little weiner!! :( no reconginition!!! ugh! :D anyways, highlight of this year was getting my first 2 aces (back to back) on APRIL FOOLS....ya that was exciting! haha....and then playing all my local courses and most I could drive to....next year I want to play more sanctioned events and possibly run one...we will see!!

I loved the midget story too, that was classic, oh and the "I thought midnight was going to be jealous" thread had some comedy gold about doctors in it.

best part of 2009 was 1. me starting to play the game. i knew of DG from a friend that i went to school with, but never played because i was more into skateboarding at the time. being 38, it takes a little longer to heal when i fall off a board and bust my ass. so i put down the board and pick up a disc. now i am addicted. i still have my skateboard, but i haven't been on it sence this past spring. 2. discovered this wonderful site!!! 3. got my first ace a month ago!!....i think it was complete luck, but i'll take it.....hell yeah....it was a short hole....152'

My Personal Top 5 for 2009

1. Convincing the town of Coeymans to buy 9 more baskets for J-Park AND allowing us to use some AMAZING property to expand the course into.

2. Career ace #8 back in March, netted me $100 AND ended a near 11 year ace dry spell.

3. THREE PDGA wins in Adv. Masters.

4. The 12 new-to-me courses played. Two of them in Canada.

5. I got my wife to play in a tournament.

1. Discovering the sport of Disc Golf
2. Joining this site and already being a bronze reviewer. (Thanks for the mini, Tim!)
3. Discovering my beloved disc making company, Latitude 64. <3
4. All the people that I've already traded with to try out some new discs. :)

Played my first tournament (DFL and damn proud of it)

But did we ever figure out what par is???

For me it is discovering this site. I had been playing for a while and stumbled onto this site and have since learned alot, laughed alot and have been educated. I have also used the map course browser extensively to plan many disc golf trips inseveral states.

My Personal Favorites of 2009

DG Related
Rediscovering the game I loved so much
getting my second ace
discovering Discraft
Improving my game
joining my local club
learning to dye discs
joining this site :hfive:

Non-DG related
Getting Married: 2-21-2099
Buying my first home: 3-6-2009
Graduating College: 12-16-2008 (not really 2009 but close enough)

About this Site
The guy losing his bag and some of you guys hunted it down on ebay :clap:
wasting entire days of work on this site
using this site to improve technique and form (along with youtube and DGR)
Leaning to dye
getting great laughs from you all everyday
80 vs the world
the sexy women thread
figuring out the inside jokes from here was fun (the hole on 8, wareagle, even 80 and Jesus for a while during thier "timeouts")

Goals for 2010
playing more courses and hopefully getting TR, though I'm pretty far away from it
Putt better
get my drives out 350'
play in my first tournament
get to Idlewind and Flip City

Thanks to everyone on here, especially the Godfather timg, for making this place what it is.

Who could ever forget the morality lesson and saga of about Doctor Awesome!
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4910&highlight=doctor+awesome
He killed Iron Hill or should we say Iron Hill killed him.....good luck kid hope you keep playing and rejoin the site soon!
I also love the swedish kids who throw far!
Does anyone remember the thread about the kid who stole the disc and the confrontation between angry man and bratty kid?
The exchanges between PDGA elite and TimG hold a certain dirty laundry voyeur fun for me.