• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Say goodbye to 2009...Favorite Memories

prerube

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
2009 was huge for DGCR.

There was humor, conflict, births and passing. Lets take a look back at 2009

TomJulio spent a good portion of 2009 bringing sketchy reviews to our attention and helped solidify the TOP 10 Courses controversy.
The conflict of the top 10 emerged when Highbridge Hills took the number one spot after a battle between Idlewild and Flip City cost both courses the number one spot. Then Dave 242 stirred up the situation when he changed his review and changed the top 3.

Then Early in the year Disc golf lost The founder of the Sarasota Sky Pilots, Jim Widdick (SSP#1), from kidney failure. "He was a good man and a great ambassador to our sport. He helped design the North Water Tower park in Sarasota Fl."
Jim Widdick Thread But on the brightside DGCR saw several births that were posted on the threads: JHGONZO, Prerube, and I believe Solomon Trenton had new additions in 2009Welcome Zoey
I posted while my wife was in labor, Coraline was born Oct. 3 at 8:09am after 26 hours in the delivery room.....

A New Addition we will not miss was WarEagle, who told us don't get excited about a whole in one and asked, "duz nebudy got a doller". The post that will live in infamy: Today is a sad day - by WarEagle
Here is the first clue he gave that he was shady:
I have never gone to a store that had discs and never bought one. In this pass week I have spent about 300 dollars on disc suplise. Luckily I made about 3k a month selling stuff on ebay.

In April we discussed what type of disc is in the logo and determined it is a Polecat by majority rules what disc is in the logo? then we talked ALOT about Polecats in numerous threads.

In 2009 the polls started and the leader was Runnaman's favorite disc polls. that ran their course like a march maddness bracket.

Should the top of the basket debate came in August of 2009: Should the top of the basket count

Then we saw the rise, the banishment, and return of Apothecary as well as the final banishment of 80playedin10States. We also saw the birth of Katana the infamous lost disc poll starter.

Other moments not to be forgotten in 2009 were:
Pirates vs. Ninjas debate
The hottest women thread and the women who made their way to other threads that they shouldn't have been on
Cheez-its overtaking red vines as Disc golf's official food.
Sean DeCosta getting his stolen bag back due to DGCR :clap:
MidnightBiker winning the race to 5,000 posts :hfive:
Harr0140 reviewing the 2 hole course
the terms "Elf Balls" and "Pee on your boobs" entered DG vocab. thanks springdglover and Dobsonr
Premium membership became available

and very soon DGCR will hit 10,000 members. :clap::hfive:

2009 was an amazing year for DGCourseReview.com, what was your favorite memory of the past year.

Peein' on your boobs....

Oh and starting to play again, joining this site, spending waaaay too much money on gear, and playing some tourneys as well as over 25 courses.

in 2009 I got my TimG autographed Trusted Reviewer mini :)

Thanks for everyting Timg, also thanks to the reviewers that helped me pick courses to play in 2009.

My favorite memory of 2009 is that I discovered the sport! It hooked me good quite obviously and I look forward to further my addiction in 2010. Bring on all of the 2 hole courses! I will play them all.

And please be clear I reviewed the "2 hole course" not the "2 hole" course that could be confusing for some!

I think I am forever grateful for the wisdom I received from the "how to drive a putter" thread, thanks to Jesus and 80played. This thread is stupid chit and illegal garbage.

My favorite memory of 2009 is that I discovered the sport! It hooked me good quite obviously and I look forward to further my addiction in 2010. Bring on all of the 2 hole courses! I will play them all.

I have a 1 hole in my yard. It starts in the front yard, plays through a tight fairway between the house & the bushes. has clothes line as hazard mid-fairway down past the garage in back to wide open pin placement roughly 225' straight shot. You should play it & review it!!! :D Anyways my fav memory is getting back into DG & finding this site. I've made some new hook-ups that hopefully I'll get to play with, learned quite a bit about courses & technique, & even bought some used discs!!! Pretty rad in my book.:thmbup:

i have to say mine was winning the anniversary contest! thanks again timg! still loving my prizes!

I have a 1 hole in my yard. It starts in the front yard, plays through a tight fairway between the house & the bushes. has clothes line as hazard mid-fairway down past the garage in back to wide open pin placement roughly 225' straight shot. You should play it & review it!!! :D Anyways my fav memory is getting back into DG & finding this site. I've made some new hook-ups that hopefully I'll get to play with, learned quite a bit about courses & technique, & even bought some used discs!!! Pretty rad in my book.:thmbup:

Sounds awesome, I'll be by in a few minutes

I found this Web Site! :)

Somebody is going to have to bring me up to speed on War Eagle, I just read the entire "Sad Day" thread, and I see that he is banned. Don't tell me that Break in Story was a hose job!

Highlights for me:
Moving to NC and playing 30+ new courses in 5 months.
Playing my 100th course.
Playing in 10 states.
Making bronze and then silver trusted reviewer status.
Going to the USDGC.

Recieving a grant to build the first ever (that I know of) Nature Trail Disc Golf Course. I got the confrimation letter today and I'm stoked!
DSCJNKY

I found this Web Site! :)

Somebody is going to have to bring me up to speed on War Eagle, I just read the entire "Sad Day" thread, and I see that he is banned. Don't tell me that Break in Story was a hose job!

Here is one: Can we kill....

wait you commented on that thread, you forgot wareagle?

Last edited:
Recieving a grant to build the first ever (that I know of) Nature Trail Disc Golf Course. I got the confrimation letter today and I'm stoked!
DSCJNKY

Congrats!! Many pics please!!!

Latest posts