• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scales

Gregor

Par Member
Couldn't dig up any recent threads on this. Can anyone recommend a cheap accurate digital scale for measuring discs?

EatSmart Precision Pro Digital Kitchen Scale, I got it on Amazon for 20 bucks and it works for food and discs quite well.

ebay. any of the scales on there will work, it's just a matter of if you want it to the nearest gram, or tenth of a gram, or hundredth of a gram.

E-bay is full of scales for around $10 that will measure ounces and grams. The one I have is kind of small, so I have to put the disc on a cup so I can see the display. You can zero the scale with the cup on it, so you don't have to do any math! It works great. It fits in my pocket and you could even take it in a store when selecting discs to verify the weight.

Search on E-bay for words like pocket digital scale or jewelry scale. Make sure you get one that at least goes to 200g as a 100g scale would be pretty useless.

I overpayed for a digital Taylor scale at Target... but i promised the woman we'd use it for cooking too.

Last edited:
Harbor Freight Tools had one for a while... Let me see. Here it is. $11.99 and measures down to a tenth of a gram.

image_6073.jpg

I got one on Ebay for $6. It took forever to ship from China, though.
It works great. All my Discraft was marked correctly. The other guys, not so much.

This is the one I have...Anything but cheap, but it's a serious piece of equipment. I wouldn't trust those cheap scales...What good is .1 gram if it's not accurate? You are better off buying a mail scale at office depot that only measures to the gram.

11QM5jrWT%2BL._AA300_.jpg

This is the one I have...Anything but cheap, but it's a serious piece of equipment. I wouldn't trust those cheap scales...What good is .1 gram if it's not accurate? You are better off buying a mail scale at office depot that only measures to the gram.

11QM5jrWT%2BL._AA300_.jpg

How much?

Got one for $13.99 at Harbor Freight Tools. All my discs except one were within a gram of what they were marked from the manufacturer.