• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scott Stokley on tour 2022

Scott Stokley Finish at Las Vegas

• Scott finishes top 10

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Scott finishes 11-20

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Scott finishes 21-30

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Scott finishes 30-50

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Scott finishes over 50th

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I had high hopes (and still do) for Stokley coming back on tour. He put out this video today and now I don't expect him to make it to a top 10 card. I could be wrong, but he is significantly out of step with tournaments and courses, he seemed surprised at how good Mason Ford's every other throw was, and he didn't show any solid putting. CAVEAT: he was only playing with three discs, a Stego, Harp, Stal, plus playing a course blind.

Unless I was doing something wrong, this video is recorded with a 1990 VHS.

I caught a bit of the livestream yesterday and the weather looked poor. It will be interesting to see how he goes this year. He filmed a round with Simon Lizotte sometime last year at Maple Hill and appeared to play really well.

I had high hopes (and still do) for Stokley coming back on tour. He put out this video today and now I don't expect him to make it to a top 10 card. I could be wrong, but he is significantly out of step with tournaments and courses, he seemed surprised at how good Mason Ford's every other throw was, and he didn't show any solid putting. CAVEAT: he was only playing with three discs, a Stego, Harp, Stal, plus playing a course blind.

Meh, I reserve judgement either way. I watched the first 20 minutes or so. It was entertaining, but not going to watch 2 hours. btw, I see nothing wrong with him saying nice shot, lol. It's only common courtesy.

He is still building his bag, so it is obviously a work in progress.

He has nothing to lose, and I anticipate he'll at least have his moments and get some shots shown on the new modern channels. It's a good story.

I got to watch him in person twice in the '90s with Climo and company and it was like following around rock stars, except that there was no exposure for them. You saw them in person, or you were maybe lucky and got ahold of a worlds VHS tape or something. YouTube wouldn't arrive for the first time until 2005. He was already out of the sport for 4 years at that point.

He has nothing to lose, and I anticipate he'll at least have his moments and get some shots shown on the new modern channels. It's a good story.

I got to watch him in person twice in the '90s with Climo and company and it was like following around rock stars, except that there was no exposure for them. You saw them in person, or you were maybe lucky and got ahold of a worlds VHS tape or something. YouTube wouldn't arrive for the first time until 2005. He was already out of the sport for 4 years at that point.

The 1999 World's, Final 9 in Rochester was put up on Youtube retroactively. It was fun watching Climo, Russell, Stokely, and Schultz. Although I have to admit. We were more interested playing the holes behind the players that we were actually following them along, lol.

The 1999 World's, Final 9 in Rochester was put up on Youtube retroactively. It was fun watching Climo, Russell, Stokely, and Schultz. Although I have to admit. We were more interested playing the holes behind the players that we were actually following them along, lol.

I have home footage from Larry LaBond of that exact final 9 that I plan to get up on my YouTube channel one of these days. It won't be a polished professional video like the ones you see from Chuck Kennedy, Just the camera from a guy who played in that worlds following along.

Also on my channel are the ladies, masters, and men's chase card teeing off in front of them on that final 9.

Just started this video. It is interesting to see the size difference between then.

Scott is a tall dude - 6' 7"

And Mason is the opposite of tall. Really sticks out when they are side by side on the tee box.

Watching Mason throw is pretty interesting. Most of his throws look effortless—like he's just practicing form. I think there is a lot to learn from seeing how he gets distance in that way.

Can't be worse than Brodey's start at disc golf. Scott may be one of those that ends up a great teacher and a so-so player. I wish him the best, but I think it's been a long time since he last took part in a major tournament.