• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

season is closing :(

DG will lose out every time if it's cold enough for some outdoor hockey.

It's well below freezing and the sun sets at 15:30. But it's going to get worse, much worse :( I probably won't play a course for the next 4+ months. I'll probably do some field work tho

December 22nd the earth will begin its merry trip towards the summer solstice. Stay strong.

My winter will be disc golf, mountain biking, and practice putting in the garage so long as the weather stays dry. If its wet outside, practice basket and biking on a trainer.

December 22nd the earth will begin its merry trip towards the summer solstice. Stay strong.

Even better. Because of planetary peculiarities I no longer understand, the earliest sunset comes about 2 weeks earlier. Around here, the sun will set a minute later on December 9 than December 8.

(The sunrises continue to come later and later until early January, which is how the solstice ends up on the 22nd. But who's waiting for winter sunrise to hit the course?)

So I'll start celebrating on December 9, when the afternoons start, ever so slowly, getting longer.

I love winter golf. It's like it's own game. Unfortunately I live in Madison, where there are no courses in winter.

Below 50 degrees is my cut off for too cold to play. Thankfully there are plenty of days above that during the winter.

Honestly don't know how you guys in the north do it. When playing in the cold it is just no longer fun for me.

I love winter golf. It's like it's own game. Unfortunately I live in Madison, where there are no courses in winter.

Move northwest a little. We open new courses for winter.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 12278747_512403165585651_1710237591278401927_n.jpg
    12278747_512403165585651_1710237591278401927_n.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 162
It's only the offseason here because the daylight has dwindled. We regular-schedule folks are down to weekends, half of which will be cold and rainy. But it's a short offseason; by February it'll be light long enough to squeeze in a quick round after work.

The best part about winter disc in the south is after work, we play glow and typically have any course to ourselves.

Last year we actually had snow for a few days. We still played, took a photo sent it to my buddy in Wisconsin to show him we play in snow too. Of course 2 days later snow was gone and we were playing in shorts and t-shirts again. Sent that photo to my buddy also to show him winter only lasts a few days in the south.

This is my first winter in Texas...sun is setting too early for after work rounds, but as long as it's dry on the weekends I'l be out all winter. Sunny and 75 today, a little bit better than the snow storm that's set to hit Illinois and Iowa.

I still plan to play. You never know what the weather could look like in West Virginia. We have plenty of days early in the year in the 50's (or warmer) so disc golf is definitely a possibility. I've already signed up for two ice bowls and plan to get plenty of field work in on days the weather is fair.

I'd also like to improve the putting game. Right now I'm able to putt indoors up to 30' out in my hallway. There will be plenty of Perfect Putt 360 and some rounds of the Finnish putting game as well. Our locals will start up a putt league at a rec center so hopefully the short game gets better over the winter.

Other than a diminished disc golf schedule, I'll focus more on artwork, travel, and fitness. I'll dye an occasional disc but I'd like to make more time for printmaking and playing music. I have a couple vacations planned - very excited for SNOWBOARDING this winter! I'm also going to a few concerts in the next couple months. Another current plan is to get a jump on some conditioning and try to mix in some strength training so I'm ready for outdoor activities in the spring.

Winter isn't so bad. As long as there's some snow, I'm pretty happy!

This is my first winter in Texas...sun is setting too early for after work rounds, but as long as it's dry on the weekends I'l be out all winter. Sunny and 75 today, a little bit better than the snow storm that's set to hit Illinois and Iowa.

We still throw after work, get to the course around 4:45, just have to use LED lights on the back 4 or 5 holes. Which fortunately for us are all open holes.

Reasons to love winter golf

1. No traffic

2. This stuff on the ground is hard to walk through. Im burnin calories bro! :clap:

3. I can play cool skip lines now and not worry if it's mow the fairways day

4. Stouts taste magically better when out on the course

5. Oh you don't keep your game tight year round bro? Good luck at that tournament in March.

6. Manliness

to add to #4, no ice / coolers needed! ;)

Below 50 degrees is my cut off for too cold to play. Thankfully there are plenty of days above that during the winter.

Honestly don't know how you guys in the north do it. When playing in the cold it is just no longer fun for me.

^haha, i'm still wearing shorts in the 40's! I kind of feel you guys are crazy for playing when its 100degrees+ I can do the cold but not so much the hot.

^haha, i'm still wearing shorts in the 40's! I kind of feel you guys are crazy for playing when its 100degrees+ I can do the cold but not so much the hot.

Yeah, I may get out tomorrow and throw in shorts while we're getting the big snow that's forecast, screw winter!

Reasons to love winter golf

1. No traffic

2. This stuff on the ground is hard to walk through. Im burnin calories bro! :clap:

3. I can play cool skip lines now and not worry if it's mow the fairways day

4. Stouts taste magically better when out on the course

5. Oh you don't keep your game tight year round bro? Good luck at that tournament in March.

6. Manliness
Reason No 12 to like winter golf:
- No bugs, chiggers, spiders, ticks, etc.