• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle area 6/29-7/8

ovar

Birdie Member
Taking a trip to Seattle from Grand Rapids, MI for a little over a week. Looking for some great courses to play in the area while I'm here and any other suggestions the community might have are welcome. Would love to play a round with some locals.

Thanks in advance!

If you're driving over, lmk if you're going to come through north idaho/eastern wa. We dont have as many courses, but there are def. Some great ones that are worth a stop

SeaTac is the best Seattle locale but if you have a day to spend a very short road trip on, I'd highly recommend taking the Bremerton or Bainbridge ferry over to hit Kitsap Fairgrounds, Bud Pell, and NAD parks!

PM me with dates and I'd be happy to show you around SeaTac :)

Sudoku challenge sounds fun. I only will have a 150g Star Valk and 153g Blizzard Destroyer to use. I might have a light weight putter. Does Seattle have a disc store in town?

Chainbangerz http://www.chainbangerz.com/ is very close to SeaTac and I know they are geared up for this tournament and should have what you are looking for.....Cefire (Andrew) and his partner Sheila are running this Tournament and they do a very good job with all of their tournaments. Here is another link to Sudoku ~ on page 2 there are some pictures of the discs they had made http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8902

Seatac is a great technical course. The neighborhood is just a little rough. (Almost hit a bum with a forehanded firebird on hole 13 once. He was sleeping on the left side of the fairway.) Lakewood is a fun "park" course and it's literally minutes from Seatac. White River just a little south in Kent is a pretty cool course, almost jungle like. Those were three of my favorites from my extended visit last year.

Unfortunately I didn't make it over to the peninsula but whenever I make it back out that way that'll be my main stop. Want to hit up Olympic NP and all the great courses on that side of things.

Lots of great locals. I was lucky to get to play with a handful of them. Sillybizz, drkstr, and KnarfKS were all awesome dudes who I had a great time throwing some plastic with.

I will always reccomend Terrace Creek just off I5 at Shoreline. Really shows off the coastal temperate jungle. Lake Stevens up off US 2 is also a very fun and different course if you don't mind driving a little ways north. I'll be in area and would be glad to meet you for a round if we can work out time and which you would like to play. I've played most of the ones people have talked about here and they are all good in their different ways. Take a look at reviews, figure what type of course(s) you want to try(park, woods, Jungle, technical, long/short), and let me know. Enjoy, Seattle's beautiful this time of year! :)

Hello again Ovar ~ If you do decide to try Lake Stevens you should come up Monday and play doubles ~ $5 entry and $1 if you want to get in on CTP's. sign-up's at 5:30 and we try to get started at 6:00. Last week we had 30 people ~ 3 CTP's worth $10 each. Pay-out's for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Lots of good folks ~ but we have the funny Dr. Fred baskets ~ http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?id=642&p=45a05158

I'll be going for sure.

Did the doubles @ Lk Stevens once, very fun evening and good way to play course.

Looks like we are going to try to play Terrance Creek today since we planned on going to the north side of Seattle.

Proly be out there around 3 if anyone is interested in meeting up.

Lake Stevens for Monday night might work out. Would anyone be heading up from Seattle?

How long of a ride is it? (Im staying in west Seattle 28th/Nevada)

Hey ovar ~ If you can make it to Everett (about 23 miles north of Seattle on I-5) we could car pool together ~ you could meet at my house or a Park & Ride in Silver Lake (off of I-5 - close to my house). Let me know ~ maybe we could go up early and throw a practice round before doubles start. Traffic is a problem heading North from Seattle after 3 or so in the afternoon. Just let me know via PM and we'll set something up.

Last edited:
So far I have played Seatec and Terrace Creek. Both were nice courses. Going to Lincoln Park today and might try to get over to Lakewood Park for a round.

Yep.....It looks like the last call for Dalaiwood.....very sad news indeed

Oh man, what's going on with Dalaiwood? I was bummed I didn't get over there for the Ace Race last year. I was hoping I'd get a chance to play it during a return trip sometime.

Thread going. Article in local paper led to visit by code enforcement. were willing to let them bring it up to code but more than they were up for. good statement by them in other thread. Hopeing to make it this weekend