• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle area 6/29-7/8

Just played Lakewood. I think out of Sea-tac and and Terrace creek, Lakewood is my favorite. The use of the limited land in the park was perfect. A better disc golf course could not have been designed around the land at Lakewood. The pro shop was a nice bonus to the couse.
Sea-tac and Terrace creek were both great courses as well. I enjoyed the more secluded feel of these courses.

Thank you all for your suggestions, they were much appreciated. Seattle folks, I wish I could have had an opportunity to play with some of you but my schedule was tight. If anyone is ever in the Grand Rapids/West MI area please do not hesitate to hit me up.

Cheers!

Hey, I played 18 at Lakewood today too !
I was really surprised though, for a perfect Saurday afternoon, there was nobody there. :wtf:

Were you solo, or with other players ? Lotsa new peeps out there today, staring intently at thier little yellow maps. :)

Yep. It's just #9 really.
#1 is just plain embarrasing if you get wet, might as well just fish out your disc and go home, it's not gonna be a good day. :|

Nine is a nutter for RHBH, the shot must carry out over the water for nearly the whole flight, then hopefully hits and sticks and doesnt roll down the slope back into the lake.
It's not as bad for a LHBH like me, my shot shot has the trees on the other side of the lake for a backstop.
I'm sure that lake swallows at least a few discs every day, I witnessed one splashdown as I was finishing #10.

#10 is easy from the shorter front tee, but from the back brick tee its an anny squeeze through the narrow tree gap, then a 100' carry over the lake.
Hit the trees in the gap, and you will probably carom into the lake. Not enough anny, or a disc that flex's out, will also get wet.
Good news is you can rent a lake rake at the pro shop nearby, if you happen to toss your mint CE Roc in there.

I did leave an Xout QOLF in that lake though, teach me to go for the ace run on 9 rather than the safe deuce. :doh:

Latest posts