• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle-Portland 7/4/13-7/14/13

HepE83

Me and a few friends are making a trip down to the Ft Steilacoom open from Anchorage. My trip runs through 7/14, so I'm also considering playing the Bad Monkey Open in Vancouver the weekend after Ft. Steilacoom.

I have read through previous posts about the great courses in the area, and it sounds like we should have no problem playing plenty of high quality courses. But I would like to know from the locals if there are any league rounds we could get into during these dates.

This will be my first time playing DG in the area, so any advice/recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Enjoy! I can't help you with leagues, but I had to add. Seatac is one of the "must play" courses in the area. I try to play a diff course every time I'm up there, but Seatac is always on my list.
Have a great time!

There are leagues pretty much every night of the week.

Mondays is Lunchtime handicapped singles. Not an amazing course, but it's a good warm up for the rest of the week.

Tuesdays is Timber doubles. I've heard that there's a plan for Blue Lake doubles (gold level course) on Tuesday evenings as well. No solid details yet though.

Wednesdays is Pier doubles. Definitely one of the nicer courses in Portland proper.

Thursdays is Dabney doubles. Nice course out in the gorge.

There are other smaller events as well, but I'm assuming you'd probably want to hit the better courses in Portland.