• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Securing portable baskets

aardvarkious

Birdie Member
In September, I am going to be teaching disc golf in a few local schools. I have access to 9 portable baskets, so I want to setup temporary courses for each school. But I am worried that if I leave the baskets out for an entire day, they will go missing. I am also hosting a tournament in September, and may need to use a few portable baskets- I am worried about those taking a walk too.

I am thinking of using padlocks and chaining them to the closest tree or obstacle, but that would require a lot of heavy and expensive chain. Are there any better ideas out there?

There are Innova Travellers if it makes a difference.

Travellers are the easiest to walk away with. If they are only going to be used for the day and put away every night (meaning the longest they will go with no supervision is your 30 minute lunch). You can chain them to cinder blocks. They are still able to be stolen, but the theif will only get one at a time very slowly instead of running away quickly with 3-4.

You can also mark the baskets Property of ......... It helps a little.

Use big stakes that you need a hammer to pound in. Place them where the school has cameras pointed or use wildlife/game cameras. Post guards at strategic locations with walkie talkies.