• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

See Any Empty Slots in My Bag?

jacobhaas

Hello everyone, judging only on my discs, would you say I have any open slots?

Putters: Hard magnet for approach and 2 softies for chains

Mids: ESP super color buzzz max weight, Z glow buzzz max weight
(feel like I need a REALLY over stable and an understable mid... suggestions?)

Fairway: Gold line River 168(flippy), Star Winder 163(Stable-ish), Ti Stalker(overstable)

Tee off: 175 Star Destroyer(beat in), Star Wraith 172(stable), ESP Surge 172, FLX Surge SS 175, Z Flash 172.... I feel like I have more then this...

Ive been building my drivers lately since I had about 8 putter molds before, but finally found the magnet being my putter. My next goal is to disc down a bit on my mids...

Also, if I did anything wrong, let me know please, this is my first post....:confused:

Thanks!
JMH

You could use an OS putter. Try the Lat Sinus or Pro Discus Jokeri. You will find these very useful for approaches on a windy day.

OS Mid: MVP Tensor, Drone, Gator, M1.
US Mid: Meteor or Tursas. Maybe a Tangent, I wouldn't call it US though.

Some overlap in your drivers. Not sure how all those fly for you, but the Flash probably isn't necessary with a Surge and Surge SS.

Flash is great disc, many people over look it. great bh but awesome fh, if you throw that way. definitely need mids that is how you score. buzzz is nice, love the roc beat it in and it is your friend. it is good you found a putter you like. work you way way out from the basket. putters the mids, you like. helps a lot

You need an overstable fairway -- allow me to suggest a Firebird or Banshee. Stalker may be overstable enough for you, but I would want something more.

Overstable mid/putter -- I use a discraft Zone. Gator is also a good suggestion.

Understable mid -- Meteor is a nice flippy disc, many will also tell you a Comet.

I love that you use magnets! I carry a few of them, used for upshots and shorter drives.

Don't be afraid to throw an Eagle or Teebird in your bag too!

When I threw a Buzzz i used a meteor, they got too flippy too quick so I switched to fuses. Also a ZONE is perfect for the OS Putter/Mid. I like to keep a Pro D and a Z in the bag, once the pro d is beat in it will be super str8 to hard left finish.

Out of curiosity, why carry both a 172 Wraith and a 172 Surge?

Maybe he likes one of them for his sidearm shots only? The Surge's flight on overheads isn't my favorite so I started using it for sidearms and it has been working well for me on that throw. But yeah, the Wraith and Surge are extremely similar/the same. Unless one of them is the only disc that works well for a particular shot, no reason to have both.

Somehow no one has mentioned a Comet yet. I'm getting a few to work on fixing form. Most of my bag is understable tho, so I may not actually bag it for rounds. Haven't decided yet.