• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Seer

Having read through this thread, I'm glad its not just me that found the Stag to be inconsistent. I had one that was very OS. Sold that one off and ended up picking up another that had nowhere near the amount of fade. Im eager to try out this Seer though. Seems like it would compliment my bag pretty well.

Having read through this thread, I'm glad its not just me that found the Stag to be inconsistent. I had one that was very OS. Sold that one off and ended up picking up another that had nowhere near the amount of fade. Im eager to try out this Seer though. Seems like it would compliment my bag pretty well.

what plastic/weight was your very OS one? mine has a bit of turn, I would like one that is dead straight.

I have a 166g VIP misprint and a 173g TP Stag and both are OS. They have some turn when you throw 'em flat over 300, but put any hyzer at all on them and they're not going to turn over.

In other news I picked up another 173g pink on pink VIP Seer that performs exactly like my first one but has a little more fade. The high speed stability is identical which was the critical thing for me. My 175g TP is more hss and a little trickier to dial in the turnovers. I had just been lamenting that if anything happened to my pink seer I'd be fxed so finding a backup the next day was pretty nice.

For whatever it's worth, I bagged Stags for a year or so, and the only truly overstable one I found was a Finnish stamped VIP Air, funnily enough. Pretty different PLH. All the others in either TP or VIP were the same stable flight at 300', and started to show significant turn at 325'+ even with some hyzer on the release. They also get crushed in the wind at that distance.

Great stable driver for 275'-300' arms, but they'll show lots of turn for a player who hits 350'+.

I found a Stag on the course once. Before giving it back to my friend that lost it, I gave it a toss just to see what it would do. WAY less stable than I would have ever thought.

One of my TPs Stags spent a little while in a tree at SeaTac. My friend who works at the pro shop returned it to me but said he almost kept it when it timed out of the lost and found until he saw my name on it because it was the most OS Stag he'd thrown. My 166 VIP misprint is pretty much identical stability to the TP. Ive always been surprised they're considered stable to US here bcz of my experience with 'em.

So, how close is the River to the Seer? I've been thinking of trying out a River.

In my experience, River is longer - also a bit more stable, depending on weight and plastic.

In my experience, River is longer - also a bit more stable, depending on weight and plastic.

Sounds like something I might be able to use. I'll pick one up with my next order. Have you tried the River in Frost plastic?

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like something I might be able to use. I'll pick one up with my next order. Have you tried the River in Frost plastic?

Thanks for the info.

My Frost River is almost a Saint, just not quite as far. Nice stable flight, with a nice fade.

I feel suddenly emasculated: from Westside's site:

"Seer: understable control driver especially for woman players."

Gaaahhhh!

Gonna replace mine with a Sword or a King or something.... :)

Bump

Anyone still throwing these? I have been pairing a Leo3 with my Longbowmen and Felons and the Leo is in need of a fresh replacement. Trilogy plastic has been creeping back into the bag, but I don't want a speed 9 mold like an Escape/ Saint/ Fury. Obvious answer is a fresh Leo3 or an FD, but that Trilogy plastic has me hung up.

Yep. My Opto is flippy as all get out but I like it. If I put enough clean hyzer on it I can flip that sucker into a long downhill bomber, really handy in the woods.

I have a 173g TP Seer I cannot seem to take out of my bag! I wanted to replace it with a light GL River, but it hasn't happened.

I use the Seer as a longer midrange. When I put 70% power on it, it goes dead straight. A little more power and I can expect nice turn that will fade back a touch.

I use it on tunnel shots, shots I want to keep on an anhyzer and standstill shots where I need some decent distance.

If I were to rate the flight numbers myself, I'd give it a 6 5 -2 1. FYI, my max distance is 380'.

How heavy is your Opto? Is either plastic less flippy vs another?

171g. Got some dome to it too. I did get it 2nd hand at the PIAS but it looked 8/10 at least. Maybe somebody got aggressive with flashing removal or something. I threw one of Sloppydisc's TP ones a couple of times and remember it fighting back to center more than my mine.

Latest posts