• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

If I was going to do that, then I wouldn't write a review for those courses. I have only been there once, and since I don't travel much, those would be the only courses I reviewed after seeing them only once. There are courses I have played a lot more than them that I haven't reviewed.

Am I going to review them before I get to play there again? Maybe. I plan on going there to play in Paige Pierce and EMac's tournament and for AM Worlds Doubles if we can ever figure out how to register for that thing.

What kind of tournament are they running? My plan was to be out there for any b-tier and above.

Do you intend on making a day of it? When I went, we played Creekside from the Red tees first, then Lakeside from the blue tees, had Lunch, and played Creekside Blue and Lakeside Red. That was a fun combination.

no i'll probably only have time to play them once and get out of there, it really depends if i play them on the way to austin or on the way back.

I just ordered the sheets they use on the beds from Selah yesterday. Those sheets were $$$.

Hope I can get back out there soon. Maybe take someone new so they can realize how awesome DG can be.

My wife and I ordered the sheets after staying there too. They are friggin awesome.

Will do. Looking forward to it. End of the week can't come quick enough.

Looks like the weather yesterday was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for you. I'm looking at a few rounds in 40s and maybe a glo round in the 20s YIKES :hfive:

Alright, here's my report on the conditions at the Ranch. I'll officially review the courses when I get more time. The creeks are dry and the lakes are down but that just means less chance on you losing some plastic. From the wind storms last week there's a lot of little branches/sticks down but the big stuff had been cleared. I played there the day after the 40-50 mph winds came thru and the crew (Jack & co.) had already been at it cleaning it up. All of the cart paths are clear. The weather I had was near perfect, crisp cool in the morning and warmed up nicely for the afternoon with a slight breeze on Lakeside. Couldn't have asked for better weather. Played Blues on Creekside, Reds on Lakeside in the morning then Blues on Lakeside and Red on Creekside in the afternoon. They're frickin sweet!

And it's the course that doesn't deserve it IMO. I have Lakeside as one of the top 3 courses I've played, and Selah as a whole is one of the best disc golf destinations out there but I didn't think Creekside stacked up as a #1 course.

yeah, Martin's review broke the camel's back, and the camel is named Flip

just 2 more Lakeside reviews and then you can be the guy again Martin

Well at least one reached the minimum requirement.. Good job guys!:hfive:

I still have to laugh at the TX course rankings with Shawshank at #3 though

I think its funny the best course on the property is the last to reach 20 votes or whatever it is.

Well at least one reached the minimum requirement.. Good job guys!:hfive:

I still have to laugh at the TX course rankings with Shawshank at #3 though

Do you think that it should be higher or lower? I have played nearly all of the top ranked courses in Texas and my top 3 are without a doubt Lakeside, Creekside and Shawshank. The U.S. Masters was played there for heaven's sake and Steve is a pillar of hospitality. . .

Do you think that it should be higher or lower? I have played nearly all of the top ranked courses in Texas and my top 3 are without a doubt Lakeside, Creekside and Shawshank. The U.S. Masters was played there for heaven's sake and Steve is a pillar of hospitality. . .

U.S. Master's being there was a joke! I seriously thought they meant Huntsville, Alabama.

Just because a big tournament was there doesn't mean it is a great course.......they had only run c-tiers there until USM.

Yes, I think it should be lower...... but I review courses based off tournament play and not casual. I think Shawshank is a great weekend course but is not a place I would play another tournament...

Well my trip to selah did not go as planned. I showed up the day after xmas with 4-6 inches of snow on the ground, lots of down trees and thick sheets of ice. Dave and Candy and co. we still very hospitable but we didn't stay around for day 2, which would have been very slushy. Pics to come of selah in the snow.

Well my trip to selah did not go as planned. I showed up the day after xmas with 4-6 inches of snow on the ground, lots of down trees and thick sheets of ice. Dave and Candy and co. we still very hospitable but we didn't stay around for day 2, which would have been very slushy. Pics to come of selah in the snow.

What are the odds? Most years, it doesn't snow at all there. If it does, it isn't very much.

I know this has to be very disappointing.

^yea, it was. If it would've been my first trip i may have left crying. I'll be back up there in a few months i hope.

I don't understand why the people who reviewed Creekside aren't reviewing Lakeside. I can't imagine going there and not playing both courses.