• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

I lost several discs there last week, on both courses. I saw a snake the first hour I was there, so just let them go. Well worth it. Great courses.

Does anyone now what the situation with the proshop is? When its open, is it ever staffed?

AND- what's your favorite hole(excluding 7 lakeside)?

Man, what a crazy storm. I hope all of our fellow dgcr's and family in DFW are ok.

There was a tornado very close to selah hopefully as information comes throughout the day we will no more.

After you make your reservation, they will call a day or two before to find out what time you will arrive so someone can be in the pro shop to meet you. I suggest you conduct all of your business in the pro shop at that time, although they will give you a number to call if you need someone to come back out and open it up, or in case you have a problem such as a stalled or stuck cart. So get your stuff and put the number in your pocket just in case you drive the cart into the lake.

Hmm, they didn't do that last time so i'll have to make sure to get in touch with them before we leave. Is the proshop stocked decently? Prolly innova and discraft only?

I'm headed out there for my b-day party tomorrow, got 5 of us going to throw, almost all beginners, so we'll see how many disc the water monsters get. I'm excited to go play, been wanting to go to Selah Ranch since I heard about it last summer. I just hope mr no-shoulders doesn't come visiting me, I will scream like a little girl and run!

^ Have a great time Skinny and Happy Birthday!

I'll be interested to see what the course looks like after that big storm. Keep us posted!

That makes sense since john started millenium (or co-founded?)

Hope u had a good time skinny, i'm looking forward to a report:thmbup:

I had a great time, unforntunately we didn't finish Lakeside due to time constraints I had. We missed holes 16-18, but we did drive them on the carts to see how they looked. It was so much fun and I can't wait to go back there. There is a few small water crossings/mud to deal with after the storms, but nothing that kept us from playing or having the time of our life. My only real complaint is that it needed mowing badly. Now the gentleman at the pro shop who checked us in did mention with all the rain they hadn't done it in the past 2 weeks, so I understand. It just kept us from getting any rollers or skips when throwing.

This place is amazing, and I highly recommend you take the time/money to go and visit. I can't wait to go back and we are already planning it now. Some seriously long shots mixed with a small dose of short technical holes keeps every skill level happy. The golf carts made it much nicer and easier to play both courses and not get wore out. I love the over the water shots on both courses, and after a few people in my party lost their discs, I was glad I invested in a floating disc in the proshop before we tee'd off on Creekside. I can't say really which course was my favorite, although the short technical Lakeside course is probably the one I'm leaning towards. I don't have a big long booming throw, so some of the holes on Creekside were a bit hard for guys like me. The place is kept immaculately clean, the people are extrememly friendly, and we absolutely love it here!

Thanks for that report. I'm glad to here that there aren't a bunch of threes down or bridges out.

I can tell you caught the bug. It really does leave you wanting to turn-around the minute you tires hit the road. I think I'm with ya, if i had to pick - lakeside.

It's good to know the storms left it playable, we're still planning on being out there Friday morning.

Yea, looks like it could be pretty windy. I'll be back to selah in two weeks, can't wait.

Not too windy at the moment, 5mph breeze and local weather just said 10-12 for the day on the radio. Tee time in 20 minutes :D

Have fun! To me, these courses are like nerds in your math class that blow the curve for all the other courses, but I'd love to learn if there are other courses out there with this much wow factor.

Can't wait for Mashnut's review. Have a weekend booked on May 5/6th with a fellow DGCR member and our wifey's. Should be a blast!

Latest posts