• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

I played two years ago and there were signs saying to not go in water. Three rounds I only threw one in the drink. No way I was going after it. Don't know how aggressively they pursue this though.

I swear I read somewhere about people at Selah aggressively stopping people from diving for discs and maybe even calling the police, and signs posted all over. Where did I read that? I can't find it in this thread. It seems it was just in the last 2-4 months. Thanks for the help.

The owner had a guy arrested the night before we played. This is not really a disc golfer issue. The guy camped there with the sole purpose of diving at night for discs. Ownership takes that seriously. I got one of mine out of the water on the island hole, but it was clearly visible, and I did not have to get wet to do it.

Weird, when I was there a couple years ago one of the people who worked there saw me throw in the water right near shore and encouraged me to go in after it, maybe because it was clear I would only be going after my own disc.

Yeah, we waded around A LOT when we were there. And one guy brought a snorkel and mask that he used to try to get some of ours. I don't know if any workers/owners saw us, but we weren't hiding.

In fact, one day Dave had a paid scuba diver out there, and I'm pretty sure we waded in for our own shots just one hole in front of them.

If it was PMantle that posted about it before, maybe that's what I read. I was just curious if they'd gotten a lot more aggressive since we were there in March, or if they just didn't notice us (i.e. we got lucky) or what. Of course we were spending loads of money staying on-site and we're all upstanding gentlemen, so maybe that's it!

If it was PMantle that posted about it before, maybe that's what I read. I was just curious if they'd gotten a lot more aggressive since we were there in March, or if they just didn't notice us (i.e. we got lucky) or what. Of course we were spending loads of money staying on-site and we're all upstanding gentlemen, so maybe that's it!

It was a guy I was with. Doofenshcmirts or some such. I've never bothered to figure out how to spell it.

the time i was there for Texas Teams they announced that they were serious about stopping disc diving. they mentioned that they had a guy arrested for it. not sure if it has intensified.

Just booked the Corral House for the annual spring guys trip -- my 20th in a row! Now.....just so Selah doesn't get sold before then!

I literally played Selah yesterday and there was a big camper on site. I asked who it was and the ranch manager said it was the group from California that is trying to buy the place. They were in town to try to negotiate the sale.

I hope the owners are still considering just selling the house and inn and a portion of the property. When I was there in the spring, I had a chance to sit and have a cup of tea with them and they fully intended to keep disc golf going there. They have a ton of land there and even mentioned building a smaller house for themselves and opening another course if the new owners do not want to keep disc golf as part of their facility. So while the eventual sale may change the course(s), it was their intention to keep Selah disc golf going.

I hope the owners are still considering just selling the house and inn and a portion of the property. When I was there in the spring, I had a chance to sit and have a cup of tea with them and they fully intended to keep disc golf going there. They have a ton of land there and even mentioned building a smaller house for themselves and opening another course if the new owners do not want to keep disc golf as part of their facility. So while the eventual sale may change the course(s), it was their intention to keep Selah disc golf going.

We just stayed at the Coral house this weekend. That was the impression that I got when talking to the guy who works at the pro shop.

Geez I hope they stay open, and we can still stay on-site and play with carts. The sale listing has the entire property, but I imagine that's where "negotiate" starts.

Regardless of how all this shakes out, the ambiguity alone makes me grateful I got to play the courses this past spring. Not sure if I'll be able to make it out there again, which I'd love to do for Lakeside alone, but at least the pressure's off.

I will say that I saw tractors and some stuff going on out there in some areas where the course wasn't. Don't know if that was the making of another course or not.

Anyone have a link to the listing? I would be curious as to what its going for.

I've never been out to Selah, but have talked to the wife about getting out there on a little r&r trip, a couples getaway type deal. Had no idea it was up for sale. Hopefully whoever buys it will keep it set as a business, and keep the course there. I know usually a bed and breakfast is sold, upgrades/slight changes are made but the overall business and such still stands. I may need to get on the ball and book a few days out here just in case though.

My quick math tells me $6.5 million is probably too much, based on revenue potential only and not the value of buildings, land, etc.

I bet the revenue from the B&B is somewhere between $250,000 and $300,000. Disc golf revenues are probably in the $125,000 range. This is just based on a couple quick minutes of talking with the manager about how many players they normally have and what the occupancy is like at the B&B.

I honestly think a price of $3 to $4 million is more reasonable, but that building is SOO nice.

I have no real sense of the kind of revenue they pull in, but I do know the present owners use Selah as, among other things, a Christian retreat. Holding a few group retreats there a year could potentially increase what they pull in, yeah? Just a thought.

Latest posts