• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

John posted some pictures of the Try Deuce Ranch on FB...looks like it has some great potential.

I just booked the Corral House for my 19th annual Spring golf trip to Texas. Yee haw. Rates on the Corral House have gone up since Spring 2013: Daily rate is higher, no discount for days 3 and 4, and extra cart is 40 instead of 30.

Greens fees, not included below, are still $10/day with lodging booked.

Code:
Item	2014	2013
Day 1	214.50	192.50
Day 2	214.50	192.50
Day 3	214.50	100.00
Day 4	214.50	100.00
PreTax	858.00	585.00
TTL	111.54	76.05
Lodging	969.54	661.05
2ndCart	160.00	120.00
Grand	1129.54	781.05

Diff	348.49

Still worth it? I wouldn't be going if it weren't.

The Corral House is now $429/night Thursday-Sunday :eek:

The Corral House is now $429/night Thursday-Sunday :eek:

No, it's $429 for a two-night stay. Each additional day is half that. That's what I broke down above, and that's what they quoted me. I realize the way they have it worded on their site is a little confusing.

Does anyone have any more information about camping? Theres no nothing on the website about it.

Corral house is all mine this weekend! :)
A couple MPG's & spouses getting our 1st Selah weekend.

^ How was your trip?
It was super!
Selah is a beautiful and picturesque 1,000 acre ranch. Very well groomed, the courses were easy to navigate with good signage. The golf carts were imperative.
Best courses in the country... very debatable. (best courses in Texas... also debatable) Challenging - yes. (it was windy!) I find courses that have more then a couple holes that eat plastic less then fun. (4 lost discs for me - 2 for playing partner):wall:
The lodging was fantastic. Definitely a great B & B and family friendly. This is where it really shines. As you drive up the main entrance you are "wowed" with the pretty scenery and expanse of the ranch.
The owners & staff were extremely friendly and eager to please.
Obviously much thought and time has gone into every detail of all aspects of the buildings and decor...really top notch!
I'm very jealous of y'all playing the teams tourney next weekend! (one of my favorite events ever) Have fun!!
This should be on every dg's list of must play courses... just remember to bring extra plastic / floaters!

^Which holes did you lose plastic on? And what courses do you think are better? In Texas and beyond?

I'll ask again...Has anyone camped there and have so decent info? Is that camping area close to the pro shop? Basically out in a open field? So I'm assuming there's no electricity or water at the sites?

^^^We have had people camp in the yard at the Corral house when we had it rented. The designated camping grounds are just past the pro shop, close to the creek side course. There are bathrooms with showers right outside the proshop for the campers to use (part of the camping fees). There is no water or electricity at the campsites, there are fire pits / wood.

Yeah, camping was great - good supply of firewood, access to showers, quite open view of the sky, on the lake - could be rough if windy.

Thanks fellas. I talked to Candy today. It only took them 24 hours to return my message. That's pretty good in Franklin County time :D

My wife and I are going to camp at Selah and play all day Friday. Then (hopefully) were going to play Trey Deuce's courses on Saturday and get a hotel that night. Sunday its Either Lindsey Blue to close out the trio of Lindsey park courses in Tyler, TX or Lake Nac in Nacogdoches, TX.