• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

I'm pretty sure that all they have is used, uninked discs they've pulled out of the water. Might have some tournament stamped Innova, but it's mostly used. Though they have a *lot* of used.

They have Discraft, Quantum and some other brands. Not a huge selection. Used disc selection was kinda thin.

championlog22 said:
Anybody play lately? I was wondering if anyone talked to Dave about selling the place and if the courses will stay.

I asked about that last week. He indicated that all current "scenarios" would have the courses remain open, including one where he keeps the courses and someone buys the Inn.

Just noticed I gave Lakeside and Creekside 5's, but only gave Meadow and Hill 4.5's. Hmmmm, I think Meadow might have been better than Lakeside. I don't know. That's a tough one. RIP Meadow.

Uh oh, new reviews for Selah -- 4.5 for Creek and 4.0(!) for Lake. That's the lowest and only 4.0 for Lakeside so far.

Last edited:
I have to agree with him about the fee for carts. It is really steep and really only worth it to me if you have a buddy to split it with. I get that it's high to cover the wear and tear, but those carts and tires are meant for offroad use.

so for most of my 40 years i have been attending a family reunion in a little area called Hagansport maybe 5 min up hwy 37 from Selah. my dad was born in Talco and i have a lot of family in the area, however i never really sought out where Selah was due to cost and timing not working out for me.

a month ago we were passing through and visiting relatives and decided to drive over to Selah just so that i know where it is if the opportunity ever came up. nice place. we left and went to visit my cousin and i told her about this wonderful disc golf place in the middle of not much called Selah. she then told me where it was and what the main house and barn looked like. imagine my surprise when she then told me one of my aunt and uncle owned that property before the current owners. they, like their brother, my uncle i was visiting, owned a dairy business and this was their land for many years before getting out of the dairy business. small world!!

Happy Throwing. darren

I guess I can see how the carts are a bit expensive, but I didn't really mind it. I think the cost to play all day is very reasonable given the design and the upkeep, and I didn't mind paying the extra for the carts. I did split the cost with a partner, though I'm not sure if that would change my opinion.

The new reviews seem reasonable; I just would have liked to have seen more cons on the course design, specifically.

from another thread but on-topic:

why can't a course a notch over the other 3.0's one has played/rated still be just a 3.0. with the scale being the way it is, it ought to be obvious that some 3.0 courses will be better than others but not enough to warrant a ratings bump.

kind of like the latest 2 Selah reviews where the guy says he considers them a 4.75 (Creekside) and a 4.5 (Lakeside) but gave them a 4.5 and 4.0 respectively since you can't do quarter points. why wouldn't you rate them what you honestly think and give both a 4.5 with the disclaimer and understanding that you think one of them is better than the other but both are at least 4.5?

:confused:

some people just have a bone to pick, i guess

some people just have a bone to pick, i guess

It's much easier for people to blame views they don't agree with on whatever they feel is not rational about the other's views - like "having a bone to pick" for example - than it is to simply acknowledge that reasonable minds may differ on the subject. This type of rationalization would also make it easy, for example, to explain why a person might take issue with every review that didn't give a five disc rating to one or more of his favorite local courses.

On a completely unrelated note, I see that you are from Denton, TX. How's the weather been?

it is easy to mistake criticism as being a response to personal offense over someone's opinion rather than a mere observation of someone's inconsistent/irrational statements. such a misunderstanding of motives may also lead to straw men.

the weather hasn't been too bad for texas. but it's still texas.

it is easy to mistake criticism as being a response to personal offense over someone's opinion rather than a mere observation of someone's inconsistent/irrational statements. such a misunderstanding of motives may also lead to straw men.

the weather hasn't been too bad for texas. but it's still texas.

The diagnostic feature of straw men is that they are made up. This precludes them from irrationally attacking assessments that their favorite courses are less than perfect.

I'm interested in going to Selah Ranch in October, but I have been calling them for 4 days now and still no answer. I've tried calling 877-450-1122 and 903-632-1122.I need to make a reservation to go play since I will not be a overnight guest. Does anyone know of a different number then the two posted on the Selah ranch website? I'm starting to get worried this course might not be up and operating anymore.

Did you try email? That's how I contacted them and they responded quickly every time.

Selah Ranch is over 1000 acres with livestock, numerous cabins, campsites and a large inn (with 2 disc golf courses). It's tough to run the place and be by the phone all the time. They don't have a lot of employees. As Mash said, email is best.

Yeah, we only saw one person there. He had been riding around in his vehicle a bit before we arrived, so there was no one at all there when we first drove up.

I swear I read somewhere about people at Selah aggressively stopping people from diving for discs and maybe even calling the police, and signs posted all over. Where did I read that? I can't find it in this thread. It seems it was just in the last 2-4 months. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts