• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Sell me on a Star Eagle replacement.

ryananthony

Trying to find something that compares to an Eagle in a star type plastic, possibly from the trilogy line up or prodigy. What you got peeps?

just got an F3 and I like it so maybe I will check it out. I wonder if they make it in 400G plastic.

Go VOLS

No 400G for the fairways

And it's almost that time..........................................

116319602845201359ORHhd0unc.jpg

My s-ex's and champ ex's have not been replaceable. Tried beat firebirds, meatier teebirds, and banshees of all kinds. Eagle X has a magic that I have not seen duplicated...

My s-ex's and champ ex's have not been replaceable. Tried beat firebirds, meatier teebirds, and banshees of all kinds. Eagle X has a magic that I have not seen duplicated...

I see this more I throw and learn them two disc are my go to disc, never fail to amaze me what they can do

Axiom Clash is quite similar in my testing. Doubt you'd be disappointed if you were looking for something different but similar.

Edit: much moreso when max weight.

Are you sure it was an Eagle-X?

Prodigy F2 is closest to an Eagle X. The F3 is more like a TeeBird. I was throwing eagles and teebirds a lot but switched to the F2/F3 combo as I love the grippy plastic from prodigy.

Stag tries to pretend its an Eagle X, until you throw it in a headwind. Flips a lot more than a comparable SEX into measurable wind. Similar lines otherwise, although I can't remember throwing mine in hard L to R winds to see if it was as good at that as an Eagle.

I too have been unable to find anything to replace one. I think the problem is that all the newer companies seem to want to make 1.9cm rims to replace 1.7cm rimmed discs. While the faster molds are nice I don't think they can do what the smaller rimmed discs can do.

Axiom Clash is quite similar in my testing. Doubt you'd be disappointed if you were looking for something different but similar.

Edit: much moreso when max weight.

x2. i have no idea what eagle or innova or se-x means but the clash is a cool disc. i dunno maybe throw a roc, whatever.

Eagles are nice discs I carry 3 in my bag. Even when you break one in it will still fly like an eagle. I think most people shy away from eagles because when they are fresh they can be too stable for a lot of people. They just get straight with a fade and not the nice s curve everybody talks about. They, like Teebirds get better as they break in.

Prodigy F2 is closest to an Eagle X. The F3 is more like a TeeBird. I was throwing eagles and teebirds a lot but switched to the F2/F3 combo as I love the grippy plastic from prodigy.

Thats weird because I thought the opposite. I've only thrown one of each though. F3 had some turn with a healthy fade. F2 had better HSS and still big fade.

Neither is as good as an Eagle-X or Teebird to me.

Have you tried a Rival?

Was going to suggest this as well. I was under the impression that Rival's flew like TB's, but mine had a slight turn when new (especially into the wind). Definitely reminded me more of an eagle, and icon plastic is pretty similar to star.