• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Sell me on a Star Eagle replacement.

Thats weird because I thought the opposite. I've only thrown one of each though. F3 had some turn with a healthy fade. F2 had better HSS and still big fade.

Neither is as good as an Eagle-X or Teebird to me.

my F3 flies nothing like a tbird. My champ tbirds wont turn on me like my F3 will

I've been away for a while so correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lat basically make the Saint Pro to replace Feldy's Eagles?

Replacing an Eagle-X? PD
Replacing an Eagle-L? FD

Yeah I only mentioned discmania, and I feel no shame.

I can't see an XL in any plastic being anything anywhere near a Star EX.

So the Saint Pro is no good?

Once upon a time some guys from DGR swore up and down that either the Daredevil Timberwolf or Wolverine flew just like an EX. I can't remember which.

You judge peoples character based on the fact they are open to trying new things? .........Really?:rolleyes:

When it's someone asking for just Prodigy and Trilogy options, the "judging of character" is definitely warranted.

after rereading the posts and playing a Champ EX only round on the local pitch and put for lunch, I say stick with the Eagle. It is just a complete badass.

The Legacy Rival and Patriot intrigue me to no end. but I also currently use Eagles and Leopards. damn mortgage...

The Eagle much like the Teebird is an often imitated disc. Stick with the OG.

after rereading the posts and playing a Champ EX only round on the local pitch and put for lunch, I say stick with the Eagle. It is just a complete badass.

The Legacy Rival and Patriot intrigue me to no end. but I also currently use Eagles and Leopards. damn mortgage...

Patriot would be like a longer EL or Leo once it is worn. Should be a great complement to the EX. Patriot would take care of those straight to no fade that gives the EX a little trouble. Sticking to the Leo won't hurt but having a faster Leo-like disc is great.

new 400s F3 172-176 g. It's just like my eagle was but feels better and amazing control and flight. one of my favorite drivers

I can't see an XL in any plastic being anything anywhere near a Star EX.

So the Saint Pro is no good?

Once upon a time some guys from DGR swore up and down that either the Daredevil Timberwolf or Wolverine flew just like an EX. I can't remember which.

Not a lot of experience with them but they're basically just less flippy Saints. The flight reminded me of a beat Starfire with better glide. I'd say it's more of a S-PD than a Latitude Eagle.

The Gateway Assassin gets the "beat Eagle" comparison a lot too, FWIW.

Latest posts