• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Sending Out an SOS

BrotherDave

Crushing on Zoe and Hating on Keegan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
SOS backstory here.

TL;DR version: Millennium made a PD-like driver (think Valk-X) that was never submitted to the PDGA for approval yet a bunch leaked out and it got generally positive reviews. Cos of the illegality of the disc, Millennium has said that it won't get produced.

Seems like a shame and one of the weirder stories I've come across. What's really stopping Millennium from making it or another company from trying to clone it? :popcorn:

I've got one of these. Tbird sent it to me. Heck of a cool disc. Out of the box, sits right between and Orion LF and M Orion LS. Probably a little closer to the LF. I don't think I'd call it a PD though. A fresh beefy LF is much closer to a PD.

While we are at it, we probably ought to talk about the Orion LR as well. Although very few of those made it out to the public.

I have an sos. like the disc. I think a star Viking would be similar

Man, the TeeBird preceded the JLS. JLS stole its top. But yeah, the JLF was supposed to be a much more overstable counterpart for the JLS. I don't know why they killed it off. Makes me sad.

Who knows what might happen with the Mill/ Hyzerbomb partnership. They already stock beadless Rhynos and Gators...

Kinda an " it would be cool if they..." situation.

There's a much more overstable JLS. Uses the same wing. It's called a Whippet.

Necro bump...snagged a 150 class 2007 worlds biggest Sirius SOS today. Looks like a pretty sweet disc.

There's a much more overstable JLS. Uses the same wing. It's called a Whippet.

Can't find those hard to get as the disc is OOP unless you want a Whippet X in Star plastic. NOT the same disc. A viper replaced the Whippet. Probably is what the JLS copied. Viper Made in 1991.

Last edited:
Can't find those hard to get as the disc is OOP unless you want a Whippet X in Star plastic. NOT the same disc. A viper replaced the Whippet. Probably is what the JLS copied. Viper Made in 1991.

Well, let's see, the Viper was approved in 1991 and the Whippet in 1992, so NO the Viper did not replace the Whippet since the Viper was first. The JLS was approved in 1999, but I don't think ORDB was saying that the Whippet came after the JLS, just that they share a mold piece. The JLS is much less overstable than a Viper or a Whippet. And the DX Whippet may be mostly OOP now (and the Viper too for that matter), but both were fairly easy to get even when I first started playing disc golf in 2010. They coexisted for a long time; neither of them replaced the other.

Well, let's see, the Viper was approved in 1991 and the Whippet in 1992, so NO the Viper did not replace the Whippet since the Viper was first. The JLS was approved in 1999, but I don't think ORDB was saying that the Whippet came after the JLS, just that they share a mold piece. The JLS is much less overstable than a Viper or a Whippet. And the DX Whippet may be mostly OOP now (and the Viper too for that matter), but both were fairly easy to get even when I first started playing disc golf in 2010. They coexisted for a long time; neither of them replaced the other.

I am saying now they have replaced the Whippet, as the Whippet is no longer in Production just a Whippet X in Star. Now Innova has taken out a mold that was not selling. It is sad as I was looking for those regular Whippet and the only thing they have is the Whippet X and in star, I want a regular DX Whippet and I would have cycled a few of the disc, or a regular Star Whippet. Also they are only sold on the Innova Disc Golf Pro Shop and a few websites. Viper is still made, in DX and in Champion on the Innova Disc Golf Pro Shop. I hope that Innova has a disc that overstable for players A faster Fairway driver speed 7 or something that is as overstable as those discs. Yes both of those discs were easy to get the DX Whippet and Viper now only the Viper as the DX Whippet was made until sometime 2016 or 2017.

Last edited:
A JLS is a Whippet wing with a Teebird top. Oddly, it flies like a beat up Teebird. That is all.

Want something that feels like a JLS but flies more OS? Start with a Teebird or a Whippet. Or whatever, dummies.

A JLS is a Whippet wing with a Teebird top. Oddly, it flies like a beat up Teebird. That is all.

Want something that feels like a JLS but flies more OS? Start with a Teebird or a Whippet. Or whatever, dummies.

I'm actually interested in a slower beat up teebird - I see that the JLS is actually rated something like 8/5/-2/1, but with the Whippet wing I would have figured something slower like a 6. Am I just mistaken in thinking the Whippet shares a wing width with the Leo?

Also ORDB I think I noted in a post of yours that you used to throw Gazelles - this is essentially what I'm looking for but I would like one in star or the like. What do you recommend? I have tried a 2x champ leo for example, not stable enough. The low speed is what's important here, followed by stability.