• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Millennium] Sending Out an SOS

I'm actually interested in a slower beat up teebird - I see that the JLS is actually rated something like 8/5/-2/1, but with the Whippet wing I would have figured something slower like a 6. Am I just mistaken in thinking the Whippet shares a wing width with the Leo?

Also ORDB I think I noted in a post of yours that you used to throw Gazelles - this is essentially what I'm looking for but I would like one in star or the like. What do you recommend? I have tried a 2x champ leo for example, not stable enough. The low speed is what's important here, followed by stability.

JLS are rated speed 8 because they glide for days. The rim width is 1.6, and they fly slow, but they just keep going. A fresh QJ is going to be more overstable than a fresh Leo (although some fresh Leos are plenty stable). I'd put a fresh QJ at 7/5/-.5/2.

Gazelles are magic. PM me.

I bag two glow gazelles. One is beat and flat while the other is fresh and domey. Hard to find flat ones anymore, but you can find some domed ones in cfr fairly regularly.

I have an old champ 11x gazelle that was stubbornly stable. It flew exactly like a slower champ teebird. Now it's pretty beat and just goes straight, but fresh it would definitely hook up reliably. Never tried a star gazelle. Gazelles in general are very underrated. Great in Dx too.

I have an old champ 11x gazelle that was stubbornly stable. It flew exactly like a slower champ teebird. Now it's pretty beat and just goes straight, but fresh it would definitely hook up reliably. Never tried a star gazelle. Gazelles in general are very underrated. Great in Dx too.

Yes Gazelles are. My brother used DX Gazelle until 2014 when he was tired of having to always get a new Gazelle to cycle for his roller one, then he would toss the old roller. He got the Road Runner as that comes in more then just DX, Champion now. He also tried a Monarch for the same slot but the disc was better for a Flex S shot, though do not get the light purple hides on the course and he could do the same with the Road Runner if he powered to only 90-95% of his full power.

I find the old Orion LS very similar to a Discmania S-line CD. For this kinda slot the S-CD really does great. Its worth checking out

PS: New Orion LS is way different and much more understable from the 1 I tried (and still have)

CD filled that spot for me :)

A Crave IS a TeeBird...just with an overmold. The differences in dims are negligible.
For me, they land within 3 feet of each other (open field, the flight paths are different) every time I have thrown them back to back.

Last edited:
A JLS is a Whippet wing with a Teebird top. Oddly, it flies like a beat up Teebird. That is all.

Want something that feels like a JLS but flies more OS? Start with a Teebird or a Whippet. Or whatever, dummies.

No way....just checked, yea it is...weird. Is that why they call whippets fairways? I always threw them like a mid. I would never relate a whippet to a jls though. Banshee, exp1, feel in the hand most similar to jls imo as an over stable complement. Metal flake qjs can hold some torque without being os.
<
Im putting the jls back in the bag. Thanks guys.<3

Banshee and EXP1 are very similar in the hand -- EXP1 is a Banshee/Eagle-X hybrid.