• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sentimental value of your bag?

Sentimental value of your discs?

• Under $100

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • $100-$500

Votes: 52 40.6%
  • $501-$1,000

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • $1,000+

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Priceless

Votes: 17 13.3%

• Total voters
I have a few discs that have some sentimental value. The few dyes I have done would be the worst to lose. But the cost of replacement is fair enough and I would be able to do the dyes over, Lord knows a few of them could use it anyways. The only disc I wouldn't ever want to lose is my first disc ever (you can read how I got it in the thread in my sig file) but it has a hole in the flight plate and is retired so I don't think I will lose it again. I could probably replace all the discs in my bag and the bag itself for ~$150+sentimental value so $200 would get you my whole bag, I guess.

I would sell any piece of my bag/discs for the right price, but I would feel silly about selling it all at once. I would struggle to find a value...

I don't throw anything rare or especially irreplaceable, I would miss my ace discs and the first disc I ever owned.

I've trader discs halfway through a round with money on the line. I don't like to carry stuff I can't replace easily.

Make me a reasonable offer and my bag is your's(under $500 would work.) Ideally it would be money + a disc so I can finish my round, if it was hot I might ask to keep my drink.

Not really sentimental but I got discs beat in where I want them and know exactly how they fly so that would be the toughest, getting use to new discs or scavenging for beat in replacements. I put $1000+ for the pain and suffering. My putter would be a bitch to lose too.

I'm in the 500-1000 camp... just the value alone of 25 ish discs (including 4 or 5 in the $20-$30 range) really adds up and as many before me have said it's hard to replace some of those discs that are in their respective sweet spot!

I know for me it would mess with my mental game a LOT. That being said, it would be a kind of fun to have the cash to build a brand new bag and try out stuff that people love but I've never bagged.

You could get my stuff for pretty cheap. The only discs that I would have any regrets parting with are: Glow DX Flat top Roc with a Axe dyed on it (absolute favorite, fits perfectly in my grip), SSS Voodoo (main putter starting to clover) and my wife's opaque 11x Teebird. The other discs are unremarkable.

As far as the bag itself, I switch between a Fade Crunch and a Lightning Large bag. The Fade is/was my main bag. The Lightning gets strapped to my sons stroller and is what I use the majority of the time nowadays.

There's nothing sentimental about my bag or the 14 discs in it.

However, I can't find replacements at the moment. There are no red 172 lucid Truths out there at the main online retailers. So the fact that I can't replace some of the discs in there right now means I would charge a hefty premium to sell them all.

Couple *D Destroyers, old PFN Champ Viking, old PFN Star Roadrunners, 11x Firebirds, 11x teebirds, 11x eagles, PFN Star Leopard, old Z Wasp, 5+ year old DX Glo Rocs, CE Rhyno, old beat up trusty Small Bead Aviar, old KC Aviars.

I didn't pay a lot for them as I picked them up 5-10 years ago.

I've thought about and tried newer easily replaced molds but I keep going back.

If I lost any of them I could replace them with newer models.

And I don't want to sell them because I'm not interested in making a profit off them.

I'd rather throw them.

Of course, if you'd ever seen my bag you'd have serious doubts about anyone offering replacement cost, let alone more. It's an uncool bag, half-full of models no one else seems to like, a handful of which aren't just beat in, but positively abused.

Also my Grip was a gift from my lady.

If I sold it, she would kill me.

She showed me the knife.

I can't place sentimental value on something I could throw and lose. If I did, I'd be psychologically restrained as a player. Do I have discs I love and trust? Sure, but I couldn't throw them if I wasn't willing to lose them.

Replacement value (literally) plus hassle would equal the value of my bag.

It would cost about $250 to replace all of my discs. So I would part with it for about $400, I have a Firebird some Apes a star Teebird and some Wizards if really miss.

Funny too of all those discs only one was bought new... And it was a gift.

Guess I like discs a little beat.

Let me think... 13 disc at an average replacement cost of $12 plus $35 bucks for a new Crunch Box... oh, I'ld say $200 would about do it. I've only been playing about 8 months so I'm not all that attached to my discs.

500-550 for what I paid into the straps,the bag and it's contents. Some are banged up a little so the lot might of lost some value. Most of my Elite Zs, ESP, FLX, a few Innovas and MVP/Axioms can be replaced except for my 2 Z-Xtremes. One I've had for about 8-9 years now and the other I just bought last week for 25 bucks. So I guess I can replace them too but I'd rather not. I guess I would consider selling everything for 550-600. Just a little extra for the hassle of replacing everything. Nothing historical in my bag other than my own history. And still not a member of the ace list yet so it wouldn't be too big of a deal to me.

Started cycling rocs this winter and would be disappointed to loose any of them. All replaceable, but think twice on shots that could result in the loss of a favorite.

I originally voted priceless, but I changed my mind. Some of the memories and experiences that my bag full of discs brought me is definitely priceless.....but money talks son. I would unload my bag and discs for the right price.

Couldn't do it. It would have to be lucrative...impossibly lucrative O_O