• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Servo or Clash

The woodman

Bogey Member
Looking to pick a Servo or a Clash. I'm wondering what difference, if any, there are between them. Also if there's much of a difference in stability at max weight. Lost a Champ Glow Teebird and a buddy suggested a max weight Servo to replace it.

Aren't glow Champ Teebirds pretty beefy? I'm not sure if either the Clash or the Servo is a good substitute.

In my experience, which admittedly it's been a long time, is that the Clash is more OS than the straight Servo.

Aren't glow Champ Teebirds pretty beefy? I'm not sure if either the Clash or the Servo is a good substitute.

In my experience, which admittedly it's been a long time, is that the Clash is more OS than the straight Servo.

Yeah it's more beefy than a typical Teebird. Not like Firebird though. I have a tourney this weekend. Might have to Make a Shock work.

The Shock seems like a good substitute, although it's longer than the Teebird, of course. Teebirds are known for their high speed stability, and both the Clash and especially Servo will have more movement in the first phase of flight. Depending in your arm. For me, the Clash is straight to fade.

I feel like the answer to this will depend on if you want the similarity off the shelf, or over the long haul.

Both the Servo and Clash, @ max wt., will develop some HS turn at some point. How much season it takes will depend on your power. But they're both more like Eagles than Tbirds.

If you've got some pop, it might take a Resistor to cover this Tbird. It may be more beefy at first, but I've got 2 N Resistors with some season on them that are simply awesome.

edit: a Shock might get you there, too, just needs to not be a 1st run. I think the Resistor may be closer in feel w/r/t rim width/speed.

Last edited:
New run JL Teebirds are fairly flat and beefy and readily available.

The Servos I've thrown have all had a lot less HSS than any TeeBirds I've thrown. I always worried throwing them into headwinds in ways I never did with TeeBirds. I always kind of felt like they were more like the flight numbers of Eagle-Xs. The (Sol Spinner) Clash I've thrown didn't have the turn but also had a much more severe fade.

Aside from a little late turn, the more stable Craves (the mold has two different kinds of flights so it isn't the most consistent either - one is straight with a slight late turn but still fades, and the other turns right out of your hand) I threw were the most like TeeBirds. The "good" Craves (the ones I like) are outstanding.

All of the above is with fresh versions of the molds.

The Clash will be much closer, and I like the feel better. Honestly a Neutron Fireball is faster but the flight isn't that far off.

I use 3 champ Teebirds, normal dome, and they'll turn a little. Into a headwind they'll drift to the right before finally fading out. IME, the Servo will do the same with a little less fade at the end. Don't go strictly by the numbers, most Teebirds aren't 0 turn and most Servos aren't -1.

Ok. I have a shock and a resistor. The shock is a very little beat and always surprises me at how far it goes. How do I tell if it's a first run? The resistor is pretty new. Not sure how much it has been thrown before I got it from a friend. By the looks of it, not much.

The FR Shocks were sort of all over the place. If you have a Shock and it's understable, then it's a FR. The Shock is supposed to be nice and stable, which is why it makes a good Teebird replacement.

The Resistor is very OS, but still workable. And it powers down very well, to cover a range of shots.

The resistor will be closer to a Banshee that a Tbird when it's new. And it takes them quite a few throws to start to really get seasoned up.

I've got 2 pink Neutrons that are both nice and broken in and they're awesome. They change enough that I can bag a new Proton with one of them. They still will absolutely not flip at all, but into wind, or if I really pull on it, it fades really late with little lateral movement.