• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shaking hands properly

Shaolintrained said:
Fritz said:
I shake hands with my index finger slightly out. It gives you the upper power, and the person on the other end can't crush your hand. It's a technique a lot of musicians use.
IT's a frim hand shake but protects you from being intimidated/crushed hand lol.

I also apply this handshake, makes it impossible to get your hand crushed. Little martial art trick.

Yup. I originally started doing this hand shake because I used to be a violinist.

Midnightbiker said:
I am having trouble picturing that. Could someone take a pic of that.

My wife shakes hands like that too, cause she's a violinist as well.
DSCN1089-1.jpg

Midnightbiker said:
nice drive kid said:
If you can't give a firm handshake, I don't respect you as a person. Simple as that.

Now wait a minute! What if you have some old man, that dosen't have much strength anymore in his hands? You not going to respect him? Not everyone has a strong handshake, and you can't jugde someone because of that. Be kind.

... come on.

I usually do the "paper covers rock" when someone puts their fist out for a bump, I think it's funny because they feel uncomfortable. Most of the time it's a fingers up, thumb out, make it clap five, then pull and make the fingers snap, then snap your fingers after. That's more of a stoner shake though. I usually toss discs with older guys, so it's usually the good old white boy cracker handshake.

As long as you initiate the handshake first, you can choose which one you like.

Maybe we should sticky a listing of standard handshake grips with pics and put it in the technique section :roll:

Fritz, what's the difference between a viola and a violin?...A viola burns longer.

Yeah, it's a crapshoot sometimes. Here are the variations I've had from people.

Regular handshake
Grab thumbs, move to fingers, then the fist pound.
Grab thumbs, move to fingers
Grab thumbs and hold
High Five
High five that turns into a regular five, looking for the fist pound at the end.

I tell you, when you get left hanging on the fist pump......
The guys that hold on the "grab thumbs" I'm like "let go!!!"

I'm ready to just to the regular old hand shake every time, with high fives for emphasis and that's it. Too many variations.

Fritz,

Where I come from when somebody presses their fingers to the inside of your wrist, you are being solicited...

I am just sayin'...

Trotter

Treat it like an Aikido master. Wait until they pull something out, like a hand or the palm for a "5" of sorts. Then move accordingly. If they offer nothing, destroy them.

My only deal is I only use my left hand to shake with enemies. I never offer my left hand to a friend. Otherwise I will do just about anything stopping right before tongue kissing with my fellow DGers.

Shaolintrained said:
Jwt4412 said:
Fritz,

Where I come from when somebody presses their fingers to the inside of your wrist, you are being solicited...

I am just sayin'...

Trotter

I'm glad things are different on the West Coast. But good to know.

\x/ >_< \x/ WEST SIDE!!!!!!

I hate dudes who try to crush you hand, it's alway like 50 year old guys.

I delivered 45lb bottles of water for many years and have a crushing grip, I don't need to show everyone in my handshake, I think the hard squeezers are gay.

domromer said:
I hate dudes who try to crush you hand, it's alway like 50 year old guys.

I delivered 45lb bottles of water for many years and have a crushing grip, I don't need to show everyone in my handshake, I think the hard squeezers are gay.

I think that anyone playing that game is seriously deficient but when it's a 6'+ 200+ lbs man crushing a teen age girl that's assault. Total douche the idiot I'm talking of.

DigIt said:
domromer said:
I think the hard squeezers are gay.

That s**t is going on a T-Shirt

AWEEE YEAH! That is a great shirt!

BTW was great meeting you and playing a round at badlands, wish I woulda played better.