• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sham Wow

i wonder if they work as well when they get muddy, cause that's generally what i'm wiping off of my disc.

The commercial is annoying but I hear they work. I have one that was given to me but havn't used it yet. My daughter currently has it in her bag because she wanted a towel like her daddy. It's huge so I am going to cut it up into smaller pcs for her.

I believe I am set on towels for now. I carry two microfiber towels for water, one old t-shirt for light dirt or sand, and a rough towel for heavy grime.

I found an eight pack of microfiber towels at Wall-Mart (automotive section) for the price of one Innova FlyDry. They don't have the grommet and clip but can be added easily.

The commercial is annoying but I hear they work. I have one that was given to me but havn't used it yet. My daughter currently has it in her bag because she wanted a towel like her daddy. It's huge so I am going to cut it up into smaller pcs for her.

The commercial remix is much less annoying ;)

i would have to say that remix is about as stupid if not dumber than the original commercial.

anywayz... a buddy of mine has the innova shammy... and it does not work very well when your disc is covered in mud. The mud clogs the shammy, and turns it into really good sandpaper. the shammies work perfect on wet grass though, or just general moisture removal like when it rains.

That commercial is almost as funny as his "Slap-Chop" commercial.

It's made in Germany, so it's gotta be good!

I watched that commercial for the first time yesterday. I normally flip the channel when those things come on. The best part is when he says "You will love my nuts!" out of nowhere. Please no more commercials from this guy or Billy Mays!

I keep a big one and a little one in my bag... they're ok. Better than a regular towel but nothing too special.

I am actually surprised to hear that people really use those things. My wife and I saw the commercial the other night and laughed about it for a while. She sarcastically said, "you need one of those for your bag". I though it was pretty funny and it gave me the idea to post this tread for a little humor. I am surprised that they really work...

Is the Sham-Wow any different than a regular chamois (shammy)? I always thought it was the same as the one I have in the trunk of my car...

I find the Innova towels are great for absorbing moisture, but they also absorb leaves and twigs and burrs and other stuff, and you can't get that stuff off. Anyone else have this problem? Do any of the suggested alternatives have the same problem?

Latest posts