• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shawshank access

linkbhg

I see and hear that Shawshank is a private course, but also see alot of refrences to people playing the course. So, which is it? Private or Public? Do you have to be invited or register to play?
I looked through some of the forums, but haven't come across anything.

Thanks guys.

I see and hear that Shawshank is a private course, but also see alot of references to people playing the course. So, which is it? Private or Public? Do you have to be invited or register to play?
I looked through some of the forums, but haven't come across anything.

Thanks guys.

You can play there, but you have to call ahead and make a reservation. You can't just show up. It cost $5 to play as well. Just call ahead, and you should have no problem. I will warn you now, its not an easy course.

You can play there, but you have to call ahead and make a reservation. You can't just show up. It cost $5 to play as well. Just call ahead, and you should have no problem. I will warn you now, its not an easy course.

AWESOME!! I fully expect to get stomped by the course. But every throw on a new hole, good or bad, is practice and a challange I have not yet encountered.

Thanks Midnight!

The owners name is Steve DuFrane. It is private, but he's a great guy, so just call the number posted on the course homepage. It's a sweet course and one of the best in southwest Houston, so definitely worth the trip.

BTW - hope you enjoy the "conjugal visit" hole!

The owners name is Steve DuFrane. It is private, but he's a great guy, so just call the number posted on the course homepage. It's a sweet course and one of the best in southwest Houston, so definitely worth the trip.

BTW - hope you enjoy the "conjugal visit" hole!

I'm scared to ask..... :eek:

I got one of my only birds on conjugal visit! :D, great course, tell Steve Hi for me! I very much enjoyed my experience there, you can read my adventure here. Enjoy!

Shawshank is a great p-lace to host a weekend getaway for you and your buddies and a fin place to have a small tournament but just not a place you can have 175 players with all the holes being fairly close and the limited parking.

I would like to know what people think who have played here. Look at the course from a casual experience and rate it based on it hosting a PDGA Major with 175 players.

PS the baskets aren't PDGA legal and had to be given a special exemption for TX states to use them as they are basically a Mach V copy with different chains.

Water in front, Water in back. No matter what you do, you usually end up wet. :D

There she is!
ConjugalVisit.jpg

I have played the course twice in the last month. I met steve the first time and then his parents who also live on the porperty the second time. They are both nice and hospitable (although steve can be a little annoying and thinks very highly of his DG game) but they also were very clear that eeryone is welcome as long as a reservation is made.

Also, watch out for the ~260 ft par 4 - "Death Row", and the last hole, #21 called "tin cup" which is a 255 ft shot to an island hole. The island is about 40 feet in diameter. Yes, an easy birdie for a pro (which i am not). The second time i played it i had an 8 stroke lead over steve for my green fee and i got an 11. I ended up losing by 1 when he (of course) got a birdie

Overall a great course and a must play,and jsut to beat the dead horse a little...make sure to call for a reservation, they are very welcoming

Latest posts