• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Sheriff Equivalent

Killian

Hello,

I've got a couple of Biofuzion and Lucid Sheriffs that I love for my max distance throws. The BF version of these is my longest disc at ~450 max.

I've thought about getting some more in regular Fuzion plastic, but a lot of trilogy discs are hard to come by these days.

Are there any other non-trilogy discs that will fly like this? The BF has beaten into be pretty flippy but they do always finish at the end while the Lucid is a really glidey laser-straight disc.

I'm seeing some comparisons to a Shryke but I've gone the rounds with a few different Innova discs and not sure I want to spend the time finding 'the perfect one'.

An example is a couple pro Terns that I got a while ago that have no glide.

I am not familiar with the Sheriff but the Shryke is probably a lot closer to the Captain.

I had one Sheriff that I tried out years ago and it was so similar to my Trespass that I just stuck with the Trespass.

The Atomic Kahu is pretty darn close.

Several good options out there that are similar to a Sheriff. The one that comes most readily to mind is the Enigma. Very similar flight to a Sheriff, but perhaps a speed slower.

You could also try a Corvette or Emperor.

Shryke was suggested. Certain Shrykes mimic how a Sheriff flies, but usually the Shryke is flippier. I'd say the same thing about the Tern. I also agree with the comment that the pro Tern doesn't glide. I just wasn't impressed with it at all.

One last disc that comes to mind as being similar to the Sheriff is the Crank. Pretty similar flight numbers. However, I haven't had the greatest luck with Cranks, and I prefer the Sheriff.

Infinite Discs Pharaoh is what you're looking for. I blend will get flippy.S blend is the sweet spot. Not a Shryke. Teleport and Ballista (not pro) are worth a look.

BUT= there are plenty of Sheriffs in stock. Here's two of many sites:
https://luckydiscgolf.com/search?q=sheriff
https://www.discbaron.com/searchresults.asp?Search=sheriff&Submit=&utm_source=trydiscs

I agree about the Ballista, but I've generally found them a little flippier than Sheriffs. I guess the King could also be mentioned.

I am not familiar with the Sheriff but the Shryke is probably a lot closer to the Captain.

I had one Sheriff that I tried out years ago and it was so similar to my Trespass that I just stuck with the Trespass.

IMO, the Trespass will easily go as far as a Sheriff, but it's a bit flippier. The Sheriff takes power better.

I've kinda moved away from the Shryke the last couple years. They're just too finicky. Every time I really slam on a Shryke it bombs right and doesn't even pretend to come back.

IMO the Captain is even flippier than a Shryke. I've thrown them a long, long way, but they're also super finicky. To bomb a Captain you need to hit the hyzer angle just right. Miss it even a little and the shot is ruined.

I agree about the Ballista, but I've generally found them a little flippier than Sheriffs. I guess the King could also be mentioned.

King is too flippy in comparison to Sheriff. Plenty long if you adjust hyzer release just a bit. I have a sheriff I bought at a sale but have only thrown once since bad weather arrived. It was plenty overstable new. It needs about 20 tomahawks into frozen dirt to whip into shape. Agree Captain is super flippy. Much more than Shryke

Noticeably flippier and slower than a Sheriff. Every time I lean into the Sword it bends right and doesn't come back. Once in a while I'll hit the hyzer angle right and the Sword is great.

IMO the Trespass, Enigma, and Sheriff are all better drivers than the Sword.

Oh my bad I was thinking of the Captain. I remember throwing my buddy's Sheriff now. IMO it's a Shryke or ideally a Pharoah, which is like a stabilized Shryke... or you can beat in a GStar Destroyer as well.

Have not tried that new Fuzion-X Sword, but it looks a good bit less flippy than non-X Swords.

Enigmas are pretty good as well, but get a Domey one, because the flat ones once beat in have no integrity.

Latest posts