• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Sheriff

so funny how much people are trying to charge for this disc on facebook. laughable really.

Ya, there's a crowd of people over there (who probably don't throw over 200) that are super compulsive.

I'm sure there will come a time in their lives when they stare at bin after bin of collected disc and think "boy am i glad I spent thousands of dollars on all this rotting plastic sitting in bins that I never threw, or even looked at due to the sheer volume... Greatest investment ever?"

Personally I stopped facebooking after I found an inked lava halo thrower for $25 which I still felt dumb for buying at that price. Bomber disc though. Now lives with my seasoned star tb and some other precious things in my travel bag in my friend-who-no-longer disc golf's trunk.

Every time this thread pops up, I think of this movie scene...

cqzPiWvyTLPl.jpg

Maybe its just me, but I got two protos from my buddy who is sponsored, and they are actually much more OS than it looked in the EMAC video. Probably tweaked them to more less OS in the first run/stock mold.

Maybe its just me, but I got two protos from my buddy who is sponsored, and they are actually much more OS than it looked in the EMAC video. Probably tweaked them to more less OS in the first run/stock mold.

How stable is it compared to your Worlds? I assume it's significantly less stable than the Defender though. What about distances compared to those two?

Anyone throwing these yet? I have one on the way from infinite, should hopefully be here in a couple days. Haven't heard much yet about what people think of them though.

Buddy of mine had a couple out in the field today, one max weight one high 160s. Flew a lot like my Wraiths to me. Lighter one had more turn and a touch less LSS, but neither were flippy or US by any means.

I saw JRay hyzer flip his blue proto into a slight headwind on a huge flex just short of 500'. I threw another bud's pink proto and it turned into a less than 10mph headwind and was stable straight with a decent fade on the downwind. I'd say like a seasoned Katana.

The two Sheriffs I got are closer to bosses. They have some stability.. Then again this was from testing them once, and we all know trilogy plastic tends to beat in after a week of hard use.

The two Sheriffs I got are closer to bosses. They have some stability.. Then again this was from testing them once, and we all know trilogy plastic tends to beat in after a week of hard use.

Wait what? I have a bt harp that's seen a full season of use and hasn't lost much stability at all. Same goes for the judges and felons in my bag.

Wait what? I have a bt harp that's seen a full season of use and hasn't lost much stability at all. Same goes for the judges and felons in my bag.

I don't think putters are a good indicator of this at all. No idea on Felons. My drivers from Trilogy brands have all broken in faster than Innova or Discraft.

I don't think putters are a good indicator of this at all. No idea on Felons. My drivers from Trilogy brands have all broken in faster than Innova or Discraft.

Yep, I've been pretty surprised how fast Opto beats in. The translucent plastics are pretty durable from Innova and DC and others. I still prefer Opto to DC and Innova plastics, but you have to take the fast wear into consideration.

Its also a big reason I will take Frost/Fluid/Elasto over Opto any day. It has seasoned as slow as Innova Champ for me, and still has awesome Swedish plastic grip (until it's wet...)

edit : This is also why I'm skeptical of the Sheriff.. If it has low fade at the end then it will probably season into a long turnover disc like every other Swedish cheater distance mold. Its gotta have a boomin' fade at the end for me to bother bagging another Trilogy high speed driver.

Last edited:
played a round a couple weeks ago with a buddy who is lat64 sponsored and usually throws opto ballistas. The sheriff definitely wasnt flipping all the way to flat as easily as the ballista.

Yep, I've been pretty surprised how fast Opto beats in. The translucent plastics are pretty durable from Innova and DC and others. I still prefer Opto to DC and Innova plastics, but you have to take the fast wear into consideration.

Its also a big reason I will take Frost/Fluid/Elasto over Opto any day. It has seasoned as slow as Innova Champ for me, and still has awesome Swedish plastic grip (until it's wet...)

edit : This is also why I'm skeptical of the Sheriff.. If it has low fade at the end then it will probably season into a long turnover disc like every other Swedish cheater distance mold. Its gotta have a boomin' fade at the end for me to bother bagging another Trilogy high speed driver.

I found the fade to be somewhat commanding. Moreso than I would like for a max distance/hyzer flip disc, but for bigger arms than me (I throw 400 or a little more) I can definitely see it being a good distance driver

Another thing with Trilogy is the harsh flashing. If you remove it, you have a new disc by 1-2 numbers of turn.

Love it. Broke my max distance of my Elasto World. Released on a slight hyzer it bombs.

I got mine out today and it flies pretty much just like my trespasses do. It had some slight turn out of the box(not too much) with a smooth small fade back. Was easy to throw. Would be curious to try it out in the bio plastic as that's what I prefer trespasses in.
I'd agree with the others in that trilogy plastic beats in faster. Especially with swords and trespasses. When I ran those I had to constantly cycle them to keep any consistency. Now that I mainly bag outlaws it's not really an issue for me.

Latest posts