• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shopping Spree??

aggiegreg

So here is the deal, I recieved a $50 dollar gift card for discgolfstore.com from a friend. I was wondering what are your thoughts on what i should buy. I need a new putter, long midrange, and a bag. What should i get. I was thinking of getting a fade gear lite bag, buzzz ss elite z, and some type of aviar putter (i really dont know which one). What should i do, especially about putters, b/c i dont know that much about different ones

Putters are about feel. Inside the circle there's not a heck of a lot of difference in them. If you have a local source, fondle every putter you can & get what feels best. But if not, Aviars, Wizards, Magics, & Ions all have faithful followings

what is the difference in aviars? It seems like there are a lot of different types of them.

You are correct. Everything from KC, JK, P&A, to regular ol' Aviars. I don't throw them but there are some folks on here that can probably sort it out. And before you feel the flame of Prerube, the search function will probably pull up more than a few Aviar threads

EDIT: Welcome to the SEC!!!

I'm a big banger gt fan. Good for wind especially. FYI

Though I know the inner thumb rim messes with some people.

And I am not a big a aviar guy. There are lots of other better putters out there.

I would suggest an ion for the putter... feels a lot like an aviar to me but i like it more and think it flies a lot better.. you won't be disappointed

I would also go with a normal buzzz instead of a buzzz ss since you already throw a mako... they would compliment each other better... the buzzz ss would fight for the same spot as your mako

I would suggest an ion for the putter... feels a lot like an aviar to me but i like it more and think it flies a lot better.. you won't be disappointed

I would also go with a normal buzzz instead of a buzzz ss since you already throw a mako... they would compliment each other better... the buzzz ss would fight for the same spot as your mako

that is a good thought.... a buzzz would work well with my mako

what is the difference in aviars? It seems like there are a lot of different types of them.

there are really only two types - beadless and big bead. innova used to make a small bead but now it is only produced by millennium as the omega.

beadless is made in dx, star, champ, and r-pro plastic. they are straight with a forward fade when new and wear in to a wonderfully workable straight/turnover disc that can pull off almost any shot once seasoned. they are not very forgiving though. if your form sucks, you will need some practice to figure them out. but they will help you throw all of your other discs much better.

the big bead is mainly available in kc and jk plastic. you can find them in dx and champ as fundraiser (cfr) discs but they are not available at most retailers. the kc plastic is usually stiff and more overstable than the jk, which is a bit more flexible and breaks in a bit quicker. they are both very straight and resistant to turn when new and have a much harder fade at the end.

unless you can already throw a putter 250'+ i wouldn't recommend a big bead for general putter purposes. the beadless aviar is easier to throw and as i mentioned before, will give you much better feedback on how you are throwing and help you develop as a player.

and please ignore the ignorant noob above who said there are 'lots of other better putters out there'. i would never say that the aviar is the 'best' putter out there - there is no 'best putter - but it's one of the best selling discs of all time and has probably been used by world champs than any other putter out there. you may not like it, but you should give it a try. i only started using them 5-6 months ago, and wish i had given them a try a long long time ago. they have helped my putting and short game more than any other disc that i've tried.

thanks GLong.... that really helps out a lot....

for fairway drivers i was looking at a Leopard... Thoughts?

leopards are a great disc and would fit really well in your line up

pro or echo star are my favorite based on feel and they break in quicker and hold that sweet spot

Latest posts