• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shortest holes ever

89 ft., Mars Bluff, hole 3, Florence SC
99 ft., Mars Bluff, hole 4, Florence SC
99 ft., Fewell, hole 5, Rock Hill SC
110 ft., Fewell, hole 8, Rock Hill SC
110 ft., Dunncroft- Castle Point, hole 1, Richmond VA

Old Farm Park in Grand Rapids, MI has a hole that is 99'. There is a mando that you have to play around that adds some difficulty. The mando is on the tree that looks like it is sticking out of the sign.

The basket is to the left hidden by a tree.

Old Farm DGreview
b78023a1.jpg

Crestmont Park in Bloomington IN has a hole that's 79' from short tee, and 192' from the long. I've seen people take pretty high scores, even from the short tee, because the basket is well protected, and right at the top of a steep 15' drop off, lots of people hit the basket and come rolling back down the hill on putts.

Hole 11 at Red Oak in Minnesota is only 160 feet long, downhill and allows a hyzer in. Ace runs every time, I always got pissed if I got any higher than a two. Only had 1 ace on that hole though :(

The shortest holes in North Carolina:

Length- Course- Hole #- City
51, Ridgecrest, hole 6, Black Mountain. A very private course for kids.
69, Tolley, hole 1, Elon
80, Cross Mill, hole 7, Marion
81, Ridgecrest, hole 7, 8,Black Mountain
85, Cross Mill, hole 2, Marion
87, Steed, hole 11, Richlands
88, Lowe Warner, hole 6, Troy
90, Ridgecrest, hole 2, Black Mountain
100, E. Wake MS, hole 7 Alt, Knightdale
100, Tolley, hole 9, Elon

That's some good info Olorin.

so we have found 2 in the 50s and many under 100'
and we have seen puttable Cubby Holes are not too rare

Civic Center Park - Auburn Hills, MI

Hole #4 - 90 ft
5025_l.jpg

And if that's not short enough, check out the next hole...........

Hole #5 - 73 ft
Could hit this RHBH hyzer shot with my eyes closed !!
5026_m.jpg

Longest hole on the course is 200 ft

Last edited:

Hole #4 - 90 ft
5025_l.jpg

And if that's not short enough, check out the next hole...........

Hole #5 - 73 ft
Could hit this RHBH hyzer shot with my eyes closed !!
5026_m.jpg

And just look at the size of those tee boxes! I guess they wanted to be sure people had plenty of room for their run up X-step on that 73' run.

Hole #4 - 90 ft
Hole #5 - 73 ft
That looks like a fantastic course to introduce kids to disc golf (except for safety issues with the picnic tables). I wish my town had this course!

That looks like a fantastic course to introduce kids to disc golf (except for safety issues with the picnic tables). I wish my town had this course!

There's rarely anyone there, except for an area left of hole #6 near the pond.......I used to play that course at lunch 3-4 times a week, really improved my short game.

The shortest holes in North Carolina:

Length- Course- Hole #- City
51, Ridgecrest, hole 6, Black Mountain. A very private course for kids.
81, Ridgecrest, hole 7, 8,Black Mountain
90, Ridgecrest, hole 2, Black Mountain

Olorin- I played that course right after I started. There were a couple long holes too, but some of those short ones were ridiculous! Like the one that ran next to the fence for the BBall court on the left, with the drop off into the trees on thee right...I think that was hole 9...might have been 8.

I wondered about listing that course here, but I don't think you can even get on the grounds without being there for an event.

Oh yeah - any chance you have all the lengths for that one? I have my scores, but I didn't write down any lengths. I like that hole that goes across the field, and the basket sits on the side of the hill behind the tree.
It was fun for a beginner!

Olorin- I played that course right after I started. There were a couple long holes too, but some of those short ones were ridiculous! Like the one that ran next to the fence for the BBall court on the left, with the drop off into the trees on thee right...I think that was hole 9...might have been 8..

I like that hole that goes across the field, and the basket sits on the side of the hill behind the tree.
agapedad,

Either they substantially changed the course after you played there, or you're thinking of a different course. There was no Basketball court with a fence, no long holes, and no field. This course is all up on a small hill in the woods at the Ridgecrest Conference Center. I wonder if you're mixing this up with the old layout of the public Black Mountain Park course down the road?

You're right, though, that you can't play there unless you're staying there. There's a gate guard who checks.

It was at the Ridgecrest Conference Center owned by Lifeway.
Yeah, they must have changed it, cause it is now 18 holes. I didn't remember any as short as you were saying, but I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention.
I just played it on August 10th.
There are actually 2 different fields you throw over now...actually 3. Some fairly long holes..I think 1 of them was even close to 400', but I can't remember for sure. Several very tight shots up the road.

Hole 9 at Johnny Roberts DGC in Arvada, CO has Pin A at 99 feet and Pin B at 144 feet. Usually a birdie hole, but there is a creek that runs right behind the basket making it easy to overthrow in the water.

agapedad,

Either they substantially changed the course after you played there, or you're thinking of a different course...
OR I played a different layout before they changed it. ;) (I thought maybe you had played many years ago.)

Agape, thanks for the update. I just hope the new layout is as good as the old one. The old Harold Duvall design was a classic example of an almost ideal Green level course for kids.

Latest posts