• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Show me your disc golf wall!

Here's part of mine

Where did you get the net behind the basket? And what is it called exactly? I've been looking for something like that to try and get a little more indoor putting done.

It's not much yet, but my disc/ trophy wall is always changing. I keep my old Wham-O's from the 70's, a couple of ace discs, inaugural tourney discs, a trophy item or two, a few first runs, and ones I got because they're purty!
picture.php

I've got a map of Skyrim on my wall...

Actually, I've got a few discs that I'd like to hang up but am not sure of the best way. How do you folks go about mounting your discs to the wall?

How do you folks go about mounting your discs to the wall?

mine are really fancy...thumbtacks. Some folks go all the way to fancy curved brackets, careful alignment & spacing, etc., but I'm constantly changing what I keep up there, so I keep it simple. :eek:

AAAAAH! They're eveywhere! Thanks I gotta show this thread to the wife whenever she has a problem with my discs. Currently have 3 on the wall beside the bed.

Ps. can I move in with any of you guys??? :D

mine are really fancy...thumbtacks. Some folks go all the way to fancy curved brackets, careful alignment & spacing, etc., but I'm constantly changing what I keep up there, so I keep it simple. :eek:

Do you ever encounter a problem with discs sliding off the thumb tacks and falling off the wall?? A few of mine will randomly fall off the wall at times... I even had to put scotch tape on some to try keeping them up there.

Do you ever encounter a problem with discs sliding off the thumb tacks and falling off the wall?? A few of mine will randomly fall off the wall at times... I even had to put scotch tape on some to try keeping them up there.

Actually, yes...yes I have. Most of them haven't had a problem, but I'll try your tape idea on those with rims that slope the wrong way (is that what they call a plus rim?? I really would like to know). The nice thing about my wall is that it's the four feet above a wall of cabinets the kids' trophies are on, so the discs that slip fall only a foot or two...:(

My buddy DSCJNKY had a pretty good wall collection going at his old apartment. Mostly ACE discs & also a collection of supersoft Omega putters:
wallshot_zps5cb60146.jpg

blueomega_zps79313484.jpg

omegas_zps3ae755dd.jpg

He has since moved into a new home but has not started a new wall so....:\
He has also moved on to Legacy plastic so perhaps no more Omega wall? :popcorn:

Actually, yes...yes I have. Most of them haven't had a problem, but I'll try your tape idea on those with rims that slope the wrong way (is that what they call a plus rim?? I really would like to know). The nice thing about my wall is that it's the four feet above a wall of cabinets the kids' trophies are on, so the discs that slip fall only a foot or two...:(

I think it is the "plus rim" that causes it. The only discs that fall off my walls are several Innova discs, all of which have the "easy release technology":\

i dig the disc layout Hoeser. Just curious, how did you hang them on the concrete?

I found some of those plastic 3M style hooks with foam adhesive backs and I geeked out a little with my laser level to get the lines straight!

Disc golf 'area' (I dont have a wall yet):
000_zps427f0e18.jpg

Ill typically rotate new discs in & out of the rotation to keep it fresh. Some USDGC discs:
003_zps469a1c20.jpg

My miniMac Mini & some of my BMX trophies/cups, etc.:
001_zps9de2e48e.jpg

2013 USDGC Roc, Blue 1st run Spider & a autographed Worlds disc:
002_zps744015af.jpg

NECROBUMP***

So, here I sit watching hoarders.....I know, I know. After curling, football, and hockey all day, Mrs. ru4por gets to have some remote time. Anyway, as I sit watching hoarders, I become concerned that maybe I have a problem with plastic. Well, not just plastic, I have some stickers, license plates, tee sponsor signs, can coozies, sunglasses, towels.......Am I a hoarder?? So, I thought I would dig up this thread, since some of you killed the Val thread.

Let's see what some of you have done with your hoard.

I don't have a new picture, but half the stuff I used to keep on the wall (post #62, above) has been taken down, replaced by mostly some of my more memorable ace discs, and not so many things I thought might be 'collectible' some day. So now it's mostly personal 'trophies'. For instance, I've got about five senior olympics medals there, but my favorite thing on the wall now is the Diamond Trusted Reviewer Plaque!

I don't have much, but let me tell you, when I first got into this in 1989, the guy who put in our area's first course was PDGA #315, and his garage was just about as good as the IDGC Museum is today. I stood in awe. (And then I purchased my first real golf disc, a Stingray, for $6).

IMG_1731.jpgI have a dg closet and my wall consist of a one disc display in the house. 16x WC Nature Boy Roc.

"Wedding Etiquette"!? Photographer? Crasher? Serial monogamist? :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
Here's mine.

Yes, I know I have a problem. I also have a very understanding wife.

Attachments

• IMG_6785.jpg
    IMG_6785.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 232