• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SHOW ME YOUR SPONSORS (please)

joelwpg

We are in the process of trying to get a new course in here in Winnipeg. Everything is in place but we are a little short on funding. We have people and businesses willing to sponsor but the City has some sticky rules on sponsoring in City parks. I need some pictures of sponsored holes and tee pads, or even course signs/maps, that i can take to the City to show that its; a) a common practice on disc golf courses and b) that it can be done tastefully/tactfully. Also to give us some ideas on ways to do this. please and thank you.

We have been looking into a loophole on the''sponsor" thing by maybe letting people "donate" tee pads or baskets. or maybe even benches at each hole. The City is looking into this as well.

100_3909_zpsbiwsn4mt.jpg

100_3908_zpshfe6d5mm.jpg

AF1QipN84WbX6cVW-5ehXeAYjAbhPBxiyjoy9M2r1U4

These were the temporary laminated signs - the final versions were basically the same but commercially made.
My only real expense for my course was for the 18 baskets. Local businesses and a few individuals bought the baskets. The township bought the sign posts and 4 x 4's for the tee markers.

AF1QipN84WbX6cVW-5ehXeAYjAbhPBxiyjoy9M2r1U4

These were the temporary laminated signs - the final versions were basically the same but commercially made.
My only real expense for my course was for the 18 baskets. Local businesses and a few individuals bought the baskets. The township bought the sign posts and 4 x 4's for the tee markers.

I could not figure how to insert my pics - sorry.

signs%2002_zpspvvchf0p.jpg.html

signs%2001_zpsrhw8pctl.jpg.html

one more attempt...
These were temporary laminated signs - the final versions were much nicer, commercially made.

Use the "direct" address from photobucket - here ya go...
signs%2002_zpspvvchf0p.jpg

signs%2001_zpsrhw8pctl.jpg

one more attempt...
These were temporary laminated signs - the final versions were much nicer, commercially made.

I think grodney just mapped out your marketing campaign for sponsors. Who is going to say no to this ^^.

I would. She's wearing jorts AKA fashion's crime against humanity. :|

I can snag a pic of sponsors at Springwood Player's (snicker) Course the next time I'm out there. They are tiny.

Use the "direct" address from photobucket - here ya go...

Thanks BogeyNoMore. I entered the full URL address in the Insert Image box, but it didn't seem to work. I tried it with both Photobucket and Google. Clearly I am doing something wrong.

I guess it's not obvious in those pics, but those sponsor signs are some kind of layered high-density plastic, and then they use a router thingy to chisel down through the green layer into the white layer, thus making the letters.

It was 6 years ago, but here's where I got them: http://woodproductsigns.com/hdpe-plastic-sign-material.html

Looks like I had 3 signs (12"x4") done for $19 each --- plus shipping and tax --- $64.40.

Latest posts