• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

sidearm

andyclpp

Is there certin disc that are good for sidearm throwing? does understable or overstable make a difference. I have notice some go find and some immediate turn over and roll 200 feet. Thanks for all replies

If you are rolling them, you might be using to much of an understable disc. Try your wraith and teebird. They are more overstable.

Sidearming overstable discs you should be releasing the disk level or with with an anhyzer where your disc is higher than your elbow. These would be firebird, banshee, whippet, xcaliber, boss, flick, force, venom, predator.

Sidearming understable discs you should be releasing level and get it to roll, or release with a good bit of hyzer angle with the disc lower than your elbow and getting it to either flip and fly straight, or it will turn left and fly depending on how understable and your angle of release. These would be valkyrie, sidewinder, roadrunner, monarch, beast, archangel, dragon, XS, XL, spectra.

My 174g glow dx teebird is very understable(Teebirds are typically a fairly stable disc, just not this one for some reason) for me, so I have to use it as a roller or put a lot of hyzer on it. The Pulse is a pretty sweet sidearm disc you may want to check out and it was designed to be the perfect sidearm disc.

you can throw any disc sidearm.. If your disc is turning over, slow down your throwing motion and focus on the wrist snap. Once you get the snap down, throwing level will be much easier. Your release point/angle may need to be adjusted too.

Throwing overstable discs may help to temporarily fix your problem, but it will not improve your form.

Latest posts