• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Sidewinder Thoughts?

Sidewinder thoughts?

• Total voters
For me the SW is one of my best understable drivers.
it is a really reliable discs for me.

But i hate the valk bery inconsistent for me.

I think this is funny. I know many make fun of the understable discs and call them noob discs......heard the jokes about them.
The dragon should be called the Dragging!
The Roadrunner runs into the road should be the Runsintoroader!
The sidewinder winds up on the side should be called the Windsuponsider!

But really there seems to be sophomoric opinions here....I love the sidewinder for those R turning fairway shots and nasty Anny Lines. I always have one in star to turn to. Its good for me in certain situations especially since I absolutely refuse to refine my forehand game.

I love the sidewinder for those R turning fairway shots and nasty Anny Lines. I always have one in star to turn to. Its good for me in certain situations especially since I absolutely refuse to refine my forehand game.

Yea I like the sidewinder for certain shots here and there, never was my "go to" disc but it's nice to have in my bag. I even use it for forehands to get out of trouble sometimes.

For me the SW is one of my best understable drivers.
it is a really reliable discs for me.

But i hate the valk bery inconsistent for me.

The Valk was bery, er, very inconsistent for me as well, it was the most nose angle sensitive disc I'd come across when I first started out. Once you get that nose down they are nice discs.

The Valk was bery, er, very inconsistent for me as well, it was the most nose angle sensitive disc I'd come across when I first started out. Once you get that nose down they are nice discs.

yeah i could get some good throws out of them but about every
other throw it would go in the wrong direction.

but i will eventually give it another try.

I'm a Sidewinder fan.

I can't easily get a premium plastic Cheetah, so a Star Sidewinder is my basic workhorse driver. It gets bumped out of the little bag a lot, but keeps getting back in.

Also carry a 150 Champ Sidewinder for a distance disc.

But then I'm an old man and don't get the snap some of ya young'uns do.

I throw the sidewinder a lot. It used to be my go-to driver for almost any shot unless its a headwind. Now that I have improved my power, I tend to use the mamba for down wind distance and a wraith/ force for headwind distance. I still rely upon the sidewinder for tunnel shots, standstill shots, forehand rollers, and long-distance back hand rollers. Love the mold. Always carry at least two or three on the course. One halo, one beaten star for rollers, and one Jennings Color Glow star.

One of the greatest necros I have ever seen, 13 years. And why did people hate this disc?

A champ sidewinder was one if my first 3 discs. It is still stable. It flies like a small version of a max distance driver (Wraith, Destroyer and so on) with some turn and a strong fade towards the end. I woud rate mine a 9/4/-1/2. If one was to cycle and pair them with Firebirds they could probably fill up all of their slots with them.

Champ 150g blue SW was my all time favorite driver, lost it at Butter Valley DGC in PA.

One of the greatest necros I have ever seen, 13 years. And why did people hate this disc?

A champ sidewinder was one if my first 3 discs. It is still stable. It flies like a small version of a max distance driver (Wraith, Destroyer and so on) with some turn and a strong fade towards the end. I woud rate mine a 9/4/-1/2. If one was to cycle and pair them with Firebirds they could probably fill up all of their slots with them.
I don't understand why people didn't like it either. After I lost my Witness and found it was out of production, the Sidewinder was my best forehand driver. I loved the Sidewinder and have lost several (I currently have 4 sitting on my shelf). I don't care for Champion plastic, but I really liked the Star Sidewinders and, oh man, the Halo Stars were amazing.

Now I'm throwing MVP/Axiom, so my Sidewinders sit on my shelf waiting for me to come back to them.

Love 'em. Lost my seasoned Star and am very sad. Have a glow Champ and a G*. The glow Champ is more stable, but breaking in.

In the years that this thread was lying comatose and enjoying a near death experience, so many new understable control drivers have been created. I'm currently comparing a Falk, Hatchet and Lift. Great discs, terrific plastics.

much love for the sw

ive settled on champ for that os sw spot (think thb or pd) and a cycle of gstarr for the rest

funny hyzerrock mentions the fb cuz once i lose my last os volt i am likely goin to get a star fb for that respectable glidey os spot