• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Silly Technical Mistakes

trying to adjust release angle to compensate for slipping on the teepad or fairway, when I should just abort the damn throw. if I have time to think "oh.no.I'm.falling.better.try.something.different" I almost certainly have time to scratch the whole effort and reset.

Thinking... or overthinking during any and all parts of a throw/putt whatever.
Doesn't matter if it is good thoughts or bad thoughts once I start the motion I need a clear mind. The worse the thought, however, the worse the outcome.

Whipping my shoulders around too much and pulling it way right of the intended line :wall:

wrist rolling on easy touch approach shots - it makes no sense at all, dont know why I do it, but every now and then the disc just goes flying off to the right

Not completely flipping a hyper flip up to flat so it has a slow left turn instead of going straight. Second is over torquing my forehand and turning it over.

Leading with my elbow, instead of rounding.
Keeping my back straight, instead of bending at the waist and throwing some weird hyzer angle.
Slowing down instead of treating the x-step like it was some kind of death race.
That's just a few I'm working through right now...

Rush my drive, not thinking things through, release with nose down, disk flies about 40 feet before cutting the grass,,,,, doh

One of my biggest mistakes: Making a run at the basket for an unrealistic deuce.

What I should do is just try and get the disc close, for an easy par.......NO NO NO....can't do that, I gotta go for it, miss, and end up outside the circle for my par shot, which will invariably lead to a bogey.....what part of "par is good" do I not get?

An adage from my bowling days: Take care of the spares and the strikes will take care of themselves....translated to disc golf:
Take care of the Pars and the Birdies will take care of themselves.......

Not so much a technical issue.. But I find myself constantly lining up an upshot, then changing discs at the last second. Whether it be a putter to a mid range or a mid range to a putter, somehow I always end up overthinking things and screwing up. Worse part is when it happens and I end up losing the round by 1 lousy stroke.

One of the local pros always jokingly tells me to "just go with your third gut". Usually my third gut feeling reverts back to my first gut feeling.

If someone is out on the fairway my throw will go straight at them. It doesn't matter if I never throw that line when it's clear. It's almost like an instinct, but luckily I've never seriously hurt anyone.