• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simian Questions

Tanque Verde

Hello DGCR Folks,

This is my first post on this board. I played disc golf recreationally in the late '90s and early '00s and have recently returned to the game after a long hiatus. This spring I've been playing 2-3 times per week and would like to keep up the pace and improve my game a bit.

I've been studying up on carts and bags and I am tempted to mount a Simian bag on a bag-golf push cart. I really like the vertical stack of discs. The shoulder straps could wrap over and around the upper arms of the cart.

The Gorilla Boy website also indicates that the Simian has three connection points. From the pictures I've found online, I see two on each shoulder strap but I can't find the third. Hopefully it is low enough on the bag that it could be strapped with bungees to the lower arms of the cart.

So, my question for those of you who might own or be familiar with Simian bags: where is that connection points? Are there other good options for securing the lower part of the bag? Other suggestions? If anybody has done something similar with a Simian, or other vertically stacked bag, I'd welcome advice. Pictures especially appreciated.

Thanks.

I say why not just put wheels on the Simmian and a handle that swings down or comes off? That way if you are playing say a new course and it gets too tough to push cart one can pick up the cart and wear the backpack.

Last edited:
I say why not just put wheels on the Simmian and a handle that swings down or comes off? That way if you are playing say a new course and it gets too tough to push cart one can pick up the cart and wear the backpack.

Is there some sort of current production of a bag like this? Because that is a stellar idea!

Maybe someone has a homemade one??

What is meant by "connection points" and where are they located? I can't find them in pix online. Thanks.

I see talk on here about doing that yet nobody has shown how it is done etc. That would be nice with the wheel part. Top handle seems to fit into a small sleeve thing at the top of the bag, or so I would assume. Though this is a knock off, it has the spot on top back for a rather skinny handle or I would use a soft nylon cord tied to the seat handle to pull the bag. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XHSPG3...D7&pd_rd_r=0WRR13S0R0NAJH1JR1VV&pd_rd_w=dxvVA

Latest posts