• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon lizotte putting style

Ricky and Paul are the top putters in the world, and they both hold their putters in the same unconventional way. Index on the outside rim, other three fingers spread out toward the middle of the disc.

Does anyone know where their pressure points are on this grip? I've always had my pinky against the inside rim and the joint of my index finger on the bead, and can't figure out how they are generating their smooth power with this grip...

I don't think it's unconventional.
Mine is fairly similar, and the middle finger and thumb are really the "pinch point" so to speak, but the thumb isn't really directly over the middle finger. It's spread out a bit more. You don't need a death grip to putt.

Ricky and Paul are the top putters in the world, and they both hold their putters in the same unconventional way. Index on the outside rim, other three fingers spread out toward the middle of the disc.

Does anyone know where their pressure points are on this grip? I've always had my pinky against the inside rim and the joint of my index finger on the bead, and can't figure out how they are generating their smooth power with this grip...

Unconventional? I would say the vast majority of pros use a similar grip when putting.

I don't think it's unconventional.
Mine is fairly similar, and the middle finger and thumb are really the "pinch point" so to speak, but the thumb isn't really directly over the middle finger. It's spread out a bit more. You don't need a death grip to putt.

It is unconventional in that the generation before them didn't do it. (Climo, schultz, stokely, etc) and that they always encouraged the top joint of your index to be a pivot point for the disc. And I'm not referring to a death grip, I'm referring to the traditional fan grip, which places the pinky on the rim instead of splayed out.

• How much upward pressure are you applying with your ring and pinky?
  • Which part of your hand do you feel like you are imparting some spin with?
  • do you ever have trouble with slippery fingers becoming a problem?

Simon has a reputation for being one of the better pros at putting with wind, does he not? I think he's better than he's being given credit for in this thread.

I wouldn't say that. IMO Simon airballs more long putts than his competition leading to a higher 3 putt percentage than most.